61

Bakugou's POV:

Giran was left in his motel room bloodied and unconscious, but alive nonetheless. 

The two of you kept to the back alleys, avoiding the eyes of any passerby's. At this time of night, two teens walking around in bloodied clothes would be cause for some pretty high-levels of suspicion.

Bakugou glanced at you, trying to see whether or not you were still as pissed as you had been when leaving the motel. 

It had been his decision not to kill Giran, which had very obviously not been what you were goin for, but it had felt wrong to take the life of someone who couldn't fight back. The villain had deserved every wound that had been inflicted upon him, but that hero mindset still remained, ingrained into Bakugou's mind, and he couldn't allow you or himself to kill someone in the physical state that Giran had been in. 

He'd known there was a chance that you'd do it anyway. Honestly, you had every right to do so, but you'd pulled yourself away, allowing yourself one final blow to Girans head before storming to the bathroom to clean the blood from your hands.

To Bakugou's  side, your eyes shifted as well, meeting his gaze. "What?"

"Nothing," he responded, looking back ahead.

You sighed, the cold causing your breath to become visible in the night air. "I told you not to come if you couldn't handle that. You knew what I was gonna do, you have no right to be mad."

"What? I'm not mad." In fact, it had been a lot more attractive seeing you beat the shit out of the guy than he cared to admit.

"Oh," you looked away as well, "good."

The two of you walked in silence for a while, occasionally having to stop and wait for crowds of people to pass by before continuing on your way.

Bakugou knew that even keeping out of sight didn't necessarily mean that both of you would manage to make it through the night unseen. The possibility of cameras was an ever-present thought each time he turned a corner. But, there wasn't much to do about it. Cameras or not, he'd be identified sooner or later. Giran had recognized him as a UA student, and if he talked to the police or any of the other villains then it would become widespread knowledge that you and him were working together. 

That had been one of the reasons why you'd wanted to kill Giran, to keep him out of the eyes of the heroes, villains, and media more than he already was, but he'd long-since come to terms with the fact that coming with you would put him at a higher risk. 

In the corner of his eye, he saw you freeze, fear flashing behind your eyes for a split-second. 

"What is it?" Bakugou asked, looking around for any possible threat.

You shook your head. "Nothing, I thought I smelled smoke, must've been something else though."

As you began to walk forward again, Bakugou stared after you. Smoke? 

And then he remembered. Since it was winter you'd kept yourself mostly covered, meaning your scars hadn't been visible to anyone but yourself. And the look in your eyes had shown him that they hadn't healed in the slightest.

--------

Y/N's POV:

It took an annoyingly long time to make it back to the house, and by the time both of you stepped inside your stomach felt as if it was eating itself alive. You were angry, hungry, and flecks of blood still dotted the skin of your face and hands. 

As you walked up the stairs, planning to shower and then rummage through whatever food may be stored in the house, you saw Bakugou make his way to the kitchen, most likely feeling the same levels of hunger that you were feeling.