4

He had wanted to run

He had told you to run

But you had refused

You thought you could beat them

But you didn't

And now everyone you loved was dead

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You shot up in bed, fear slicing through your chest as your eyes adjusted to the unfamiliar surroundings.

Memories of the previous day caught up to you and your fear was eased.

You'd escaped, it was safe here. There was no need to be afraid anymore.

You got out of the queen-sized bed that you had found in your room. It had been a pleasant surprise, walking through the door, your room held a nice bed, a closet, a desk, and you even had your own bathroom.

The clock on your desk read five-fifty in the morning. Class didn't start for another two hours, you figured you might as well take some time to get ready.

You took a long warm shower and found the uniform that had been provided for you.

It was a little unnerving that the clothes fit perfectly, you had only been there for a day. How would they know your size already?

Grabbing the bag of stuff that you assumed contained supplies for class, you headed out of your room.

There was a pair of shoes sitting by the main door that you assumed were yours. You put them on and walked around a little, finding that they were the perfect size as well.

Weird, had they measured you in your sleep or something?

You checked the time again, seeing that now it was around seven am.

You went to the kitchen to try and find something to eat, although you didn't have much of an appetite. There was not much to go on. There were some chips, a pack of frozen vegetables, bread, and a stick of butter.

When Aizawa said "help yourself" I figured there would be actual stuff to help myself to.

You shut the fridge.

Doesn't he teach this class? Shouldn't he be up by now?

You stood in the kitchen for a few moments before deciding to go hunt for breakfast on your own. In the teachers' common area I remember there being snacks.

Opening the door quietly, just in case any other teachers were still sleeping, you stepped into the hallway.

After a few wrong turns, you made it to the common area.

There were a variety of small snack laid out, but you settled for a banana and small cup of coffee. Your stomach had adjusted to the minuscule amounts of food that you'd been fed during the duration of your captivity, making yourself eat more would be a good step in the direction of recovery.

With the goods in hand, you decided to walk around the building a bit and see if you could find your classroom.

The hallways were larger than you remembered, and different sets of doors lined each wall. Stairs connected each floor and you attempted to find the right floor where you would be attending class.

You wandered around what you assumed was the right floor for a bit, until you heard voices coming from one of the classrooms.

Two doors towered over you as you made it to the room holding the source of all the noise, and the markings told you that this was the class you were supposed to be in.