19

"I wouldn't advise getting any closer."

"Still so many threats, even as you sit helplessly in front of me."

"You say I'm helpless but you haven't done shit to me. Pretty sure you're the one with the empty threats. Maybe if you didn't spend so much time listening to yourself talk, your lips wouldn't be so chapped."

He stood still and then began scratching his neck. "You know, I'm not sure why he wants you so badly, you would do nothing but harm to our cause."

"Again with all the pointless talking! Who the hell is 'he' and why does he want me here in the first place?"

The man didn't face you as he spoke, as if he was surrounded by his own thoughts. "He says that you are a key element in our plan, I don't think he knew how much trouble you would cause, how resistant you would be to his wishes."

You scoffed. "I think his first mistake was believing I would do anything to help the people who literally murdered my family right in front of me."

"Yes, it was a shame about the boy. I had intended to keep the two of you together, in order to make you more... compliant."

"You're sick."

"I simply do what needs to be done. He instructed us not to harm you... but he did not say anything about harming others."

"Well, you did kind of kill everyone that I care about so there really isn't anyone you can use against me."

His eyebrows raised. "So you really wouldn't sacrifice your pride for the sake of a stranger's life? Doesn't seem very heroic."

"I could not care less about what is 'heroic', I'm not doing what you ask."

"We will see about that."

He looked to the door. "Compress... bring in our guest."

----------------------------------------------------------

Your eyes shot open, everything was dark, you tried to get a bearing of your surroundings but for some reason, your eyes wouldn't focus.

You felt pressure squeeze around your hand and your head quickly turned to the side.

He was next to you, oh my god you were actually curled into him. You hadn't realized you had been holding onto his arm, and your face was dangerously close to his.

Bakugou's eyes were open, his hand was still on yours.

You let out a breath, trying to calm yourself.

"Hey... you're good."

You took another breath. "Yeah."

You went to roll over but he held on to your hand.

You looked back.

"There are things you haven't told us, aren't there?"

Your jaw clenched. "There are some things, that are better left unspoken."

He stared at you, a mix of emotions shining in his eyes.

You looked away. "I don't need your pity."

"I don't pity you dumbass I... respect you."

"Careful Katsuki, you're letting your feelings show."

"Tch, you're the one who said we were friends. And just because you piss me off doesn't mean I can't acknowledge the fact that you're strong as hell."