35

As the sun shone through your window, you rolled over in bed, feeling more well-rested than you had in months.

You reached your arm over, but you were met with the absence of the boy you had fallen asleep with last night.

Sitting up you looked around your room, there was no sign of him.

Last night hadn't been a dream, right?

You lightly pressed your fingers to your lips, the sensations from last night rushing back to you. The way his lips had pressed against your own, the way he had held you in such a protective manner.

Definitely not a dream.

You pushed the blankets off of you and stepped onto the floor. You attempted to keep yourself from overthinking the situation, instead focusing on getting ready for the day ahead.

The school had given you the option to not attend any classes for another few weeks, but it had been obvious they knew what your answer would be. A uniform had been placed in front of your door along with review sheets covering the topics you had missed.

As you finished getting ready a knock came from your door. You quickly put on your shoes and went to open it.

Bakugou stood in the hallway with his hands in his pockets, "morning."

You turned and walked back into your dorm, leaving the door open for him to follow. "Glad to see you learned how to knock."

You bent down to grab your bag, and as your hand clasped the strap he placed his own over it. He lightly pulled you to face him and slung your bag over his shoulder. "Already with the attitude? I thought we resolved things pretty well last night." His voice was teasing.

You tilted your head, "it's not an attitude just an observation."

"Right." He took the bag from his shoulder and held it out to you, "are we going down to breakfast?"

You stepped around him, "you took the bag from me so now you get to carry it, and yeah I promised Mina that I'd walk to class with her from the dining area."

He followed after you as you went to step into the hallway and you smiled when you saw he was still holding onto your bag.

"Do you still have the provisional license training after classes?" You asked.

"Yeah but they're almost finished. Why?"

"I'm just trying to figure out a way to get mine. After everything that's gone down, I feel like it would be useful if I was allowed to actually use my quirk outside of school without people trying to arrest me."

His face seemed to tighten, "those police won't be laying a damn finger on you ever again."

You looked over, "you know they literally kept the chains that the villains had me in? Apparently, I'm that much of a threat to society." You scoffed, "I find it funny that they think they'll be getting anywhere near enough to me to get those on."

Anger spread across his features, "I'll kill them if they try it."

"Not if I do it first."

--------------------------------------------

The two of you walked into the dining area, where about half of your class was already eating and talking amongst themselves.

Bakugou grabbed two trays of food and carried them to your usual table. He seemed more relaxed than usual today, it was a subtle change but still noticeable to you.

Kaminari yawned as you sat down, "ugh it is too early for this. I don't wanna go to class."

Mina watched as Bakugou sat down next to you, close enough that your legs were touching. She looked at you knowingly and mouthed the words "called it."