52

Bakugou's POV:

Well, that conversation hadn't gone according to plan.

He stormed back to his room, a tangled mess of thoughts stringing across his mind.

He'd been angry when seeing that boy walk out of your dorm, and angrier when you'd come out behind him, looking perfectly content, as if you didn't care about what had happened between the two of you. As if you weren't feeling the crushing weight of that argument with every passing minute of the day. Witnessing that had allowed for his emotions to get the best of him, yet again.

And now he was in the same position as before, trying to figure out what the hell you'd been trying to tell him the other night.

Kirishima lifted his head as he walked inside, a hopeful expression appearing on his face. "How'd it go? Did she accept the apology?"

He didn't say anything, walking over to the desk across the room, he picked up his phone and typed in an address.

"You didn't apologize, did you?" Kirishima sighed.

"No."

"Oh, come on, we spent like an hour coming up with the right things to say! Did you even try?"

Bakugou continued staring at the phone screen, trying to figure out the best course of action.

"Dude, I can't be of much help if you don't talk to me. Maybe I'd understand things better if you told me what you guys were actually fighting about."

"Doesn't concern you."

"If that was the case then why did you ask me for help?!"

He chose to ignore that, instead, he turned around to face the boy. "I need to get off-campus, tonight."

Kirishima raised an eyebrow. "Uh, why?"

"There's someone I need to talk to."

He knew that what you were trying to tell him had something to do with Hawks. And after figuring out that you were going to meet with All For One, a twisted feeling had settled within his chest.

He was done ignoring his instincts. Something was going down, and somehow Hawks was mixed in with it. If you weren't going to tell him, then he needed to have a chat with the number-two hero himself.

Kirishima still didn't seem convinced and Bakugou sighed. "They're making her meet with All For One. I don't know why, but something doesn't feel right. I need to figure out what's going on."

"She's meeting with her father?" He asked softly.

"Don't call him that, but yes."

He shook his head. "Crap, that's definitely not good."

"I know, so are you gonna help me or not?"

Kirishima stood from the bed, a sense of determination settling over the room. "I've got your back, bro."

----------------------

They'd been forced to wait until long-passed lights out before being able to make their way to the edge of campus.

With the increased security, they couldn't just run through the woods and hope to avoid any guards, they'd had to wait it out, and then use the right moment to their advantage.

Kirishima had made for an excellent distraction for the guards, though. Running out at just the right time and focusing the attention of the cameras and patrol officers on him as Bakugou had made a break for it.

But getting to the bottom of the hill, he realized that Hawks' office was still a good forty-five-minute walk from where he stood, and by the time he got there his anxiety had reached its peak.