Chapter 57

"Sooooo, how's life with your new bestie Theodore Nott?" Ginny asked on the Hogwarts Express back to London.

I rolled my eyes. "He's not my bestie. I wouldn't even say he's a friend really, we just talk while we're doing our head boy and girl duties, that's all."

"Rumour has it that he gave you a christmas present"

"Yeah, but it was one of Draco's aftershaves....and a Slytherin scarf. He just knows I'm missing Draco, that's all."

"Have you heard from Draco at all?" Ginny asked the question I had been dreading.

When I shook my head, turning to look out of the window as I felt the tears beginning to prickle at my eyes, Neville joined the discussion.

"I'm sure he would have messaged you if he could, owls are being intercepted so maybe he just wants to be safe rather than sorry."

As members of the Order, Neville and Ginny knew about the wand situation, and spent most of their time in the common room, where they knew it was hidden, guarding it while I was out doing the 1000 things I had to do under Snape's orders.

The hours went by, with Neville telling me about good plants to use in potions, and Ginny talking about how excited she was to actually be able to get on a broom back at the burrow, and soon enough we were at the familiar station. As soon as I saw the platform coming into view, Molly Weasley, accompanied by Fred and George, waving enthusiastically, I felt my stomach drop. I hadn't been back here since that night on the tower, when Draco and I apparated here.

Draco. With every passing day my heart sunk, not knowing what he was doing, or being able to contact him. All I wanted was to feel his arms around me, telling me it was all going to be ok, but that wasn't going to happen. Nothing was ok, and it wasn't showing signs of getting better either.

"Victoria! Ginny!" Molly embraced us both warmly, examining us like we were a new toy in a shop.

"You both need a big meal, I'll get right on it."

"Oi head girl!" Fred bowed, before laughing and swooping me into a tight hug. "You ok?" He whispered so quietly, knowing no one else could hear. I didn't need to say anything, I just shook my head and he knew. Running my back softly, he pulled away, giving me a small smile before George embraced me in a hug, ruffling my hair in the process.

~
"We left the tree decorating to you guys this year" Molly said, tearing up slightly and making a quick excuse about having to go fold some laundry before leaving the room.

"She's been like this the whole time, crying on and off. We keep telling her that no news is good news, but it's the first Christmas Ron won't be here and she's losing it", George explained, handing me a bauble that I attached to the empty tree.

"Couldn't bring herself to put any decorations up, hence why we now have to do it. We have to act as normal as possible, after all we know we're being watched 24/7." Fred took an ornament from me and put it higher up on the tree.

"Act as normal as possible, that sounds familiar."

"You don't have to put on this brave front all the time you know Tori, we know you're missing him, and missing Harry and the others for that matter."

Fred's words were all I needed. In seconds tears were falling down my cheeks as every emotion I had been holding in since the first night back at Hogwarts came rushing out.

"It-it just feels like my whole life is falling apart and I'm not even allowed to feel sad about it, you know why? Because I'm FUCKING HEAD GIRL AND NOONE EXPECTS THE HEAD GIRL TO FEEL ANYTHING"

"Yeah we're gonna need some hot chocolate George, and don't hold back on the marshmallows." Fred's arms around me was the only thing I could focus on. My breathing was shaky and the whole room was spinning. Fred's comforting words eventually calmed me down, along with the sips of hot chocolate that gave me something to focus on.

"Look, if you really want to, we can sneak into Malfoy manor to see him, I'll even take you myself. Anything to help you feel better." Fred rubbed my back softly as I shook my head. "I cant expect you to do that for me, it's too dangerous. I just need to keep waiting, until then, we need to figure out how I can use this stupid wand to help Harry out."

"I don't think there's anything you can do with it right now, but keep it close, that's all. It will come in handy when shit hits the fan."

"And we're getting closer to that" Ginny said, adding the finishing touches to the tree that she had been decorating while listening to my meltdown.

"Hey, we were thinking of naming a Weasley product after you, how do you like Greenwood's Gobstoppers?" George asked, changing the subject swiftly.

"They start of tiny, like little mints, then get bigger and bigger!" Fred said excitedly. "You can test it if you like!!"

"I think I'll test it once I know it won't get stuck in my mouth" I laughed, the previous tension in the room now dissolved.

~

"I know how you feel" Ginny said as we got into bed that night. "It's like....you've broken up unofficially. You know you can't be together right now but you know there will never be anyone else."

"You just attach yourself to that tiny sliver of hope."

"Exactly. Just think of it as no news is good news, that's all we can do Tori. They'll come back to us, or I'll kill them myself."

~
I woke up on Christmas morning with the winter sun streaming through the window. By the sounds of it the Weasley's were already downstairs, when Ginny's voice echoed through the house.

"TORI! THERE'S A MYSTERY GIFT FOR YOU UNDER THE TREE!!"