Chapter 2

Having the Beaxbatons here is comforting. Even though it's been a long time since my mother taught there, Madam Maxime remembers both me and her very well. Every time I see her she goes on about how big I've gotten, which makes me laugh because she herself is even taller than Hagrid, the gamekeeper here at Hogwarts. Everyone was going over to the Goblet of Fire after classes to put their names in, but first I had to make it through my first day. I had 4 lessons today, charms, transfiguration, herbology and potions, my favourite.

I would have gotten lost on my way down to breakfast if it wasn't for Hermione, with the two boys in tow showing me the way, while reciting facts from 'Hogwarts, a history' much to the enjoyment of Ron, who rolled his eyes every 5 seconds. In the time it has taken us to make our way down through the moving staircases I had learnt that Gryffindors are famous for their bravery and determination, Slytherins (according to Ron we don't like Slytherins) are cunning, Ravenclaws are wise and Hufflepuffs are loyal.

We took our seats at the Gryffindor table and I couldn't help but admire the floating candles, I already loved being here and I haven't been had any classes yet. "Hungry?" Harry asked, who had been watching me staring at the ceiling in awe. He was holding a jug full of orange liquid. "It's pumpkin juice". "Thanks" I said, giving him a warm smile as I took the jug from him, I saw his cheeks flash red as our hands touched and as I went to pour the juice into my cup I noticed my previously empty plate now had 4 slices of hot buttered toast on it. "You get used to things like that happening, hey you should come to my house to meet my dad, he loves learning about muggle life!" Ron said inbetween mouthfuls. I smiled as I took a bite out of my toast, I was so happy to have made some friends already.

As we went to head to charms I realised I had left my book in the dorm, all Hermione did was shake her head at me and tell me I need to be more organised, but Harry offered to come with me to get it. "No don't worry, it will give me the challenge of finding the classroom on my own". I definitely failed that challenge. I eventually stumbled in, 15 minutes late after wandering around the corridors that all looked the same and getting more and more flustered by the minute. Everyone had turned to look at me as I came in, bright red and panting.

"Sorry....I'm.....late" I said between pants to the small Professor. A couple of the students in green, which I now know was Slytherin, began to laugh. "Pathetic" one of the burly ones said.

"Ah yes Miss Greenwood, not to worry, we were all new once, let's see......you can take a seat over there next to Miss Parkinson." A girl with dark hair sitting near the burly boy rolled her eyes and moved her bag off of the bench next to her. I made my way to my seat quickly, avoiding Hermione's eye as she shook her head at me. Just as I was about to sit down I noticed that the girl's bag had gone, but in its place was a leg. A leg that belonged to the blonde boy who had been watching me last night. "Excuse me", I said politely.

"You're excused", I met his eyes and he simply smirked, leaning against the wall with his arms folded.

"Please may you move your leg?"

"Now why would I want to do that?"

"Because I said so?"

"Ooooooo you hear that Goyle? She said so!" He laughed, turning to the burly boy and laughing. The girl was also laughing, she was enjoying watching the heat rise into my cheeks as I became more embarrassed.

"Mr Malfoy, let Miss Greenwood be seated at once or you can spend the rest of the lesson explaining to Professor Snape why you can't follow simple instructions. 10 points from Slytherin."

The boy groaned and begrudgingly moved his leg off of my seat and I sat down quickly before he had a chance to do anything else. I spent the rest of the lesson feeling daggers poking into the back of my head but I didn't dare turn around to look at him for the fear that he might hex me or something. The girl, who I soon learnt was called Pansy, enjoyed drawing all over my new textbook whenever I was trying to read it. "Do you mind" I eventually asked. "No I don't" she replied without missing a beat as she drew yet another snake on my book, right over the spell I was trying to practice. I looked up, annoyed and caught the eye of Harry, who gave me a sympathetic smile before looking back down at his own book.

Eventually the class from hell ended and everyone filed out until soon I was the only person left in the room. Does everyone always leave that quickly? Not even Harry had waited for me!

Knowing I had to begin the task of once again trying to find out where my next class, transfiguration was, I left the charms class only to find none other than Malfoy leaning against the wall casually. "Hey Greenwood" he called out and I replied with "what" without even turning around.

"Oh how polite of you whattt" he mimicked me. "I was only going to ask if you needed help finding the transfiguration classroom but if you don't want my help then I'll just go shall I"

As much as it pained me to accept his help, I really didn't want to be late to another class. "Ok fine, please show me where it is, how do you even know I have transfiguration next anyway?"

Draco walked beside me and slung an arm around my shoulder. "Just consider me your personal tour guide, and I know because we have the same classes, I saw the timetable in your bag."

I shrugged his arm off and he smirked as it fell back to his side. "You looked in my bag?"

"Had to do something to keep myself occupied instead of practising the same spells I've been doing since I was 3 didn't I? You seem interesting, unlike most of the people here"

"Well thanks", I scoffed.

Malfoy stopped. I turned to see we had reached the transfiguration classroom and I went to go in before I was pulled into a corner by him. We stood just inches away from each other and I dared to look at him. His skin was a perfect porcelain white, his jaw was chiselled, and his eyes were a perfect grey, which made his hair that fell over his face look even more icy. He leant forward so his mouth was centimetres from my ear and whispered "I don't do tours for free Greenwood, where's my reward." I pushed him angrily and said "when you learn to behave yourself I might consider it."

"Not possible" he said, accompanied by a wink.

"Hey" I said, as he began to head inside. "What's your first name?"

He turned to me and said "Draco. Draco Malfoy."