Chapter 5

"What are we doing Greenwood? All alone in this room making potions. I'm no good at potions, let me show you what I'm really good at". That's when I woke up with a start, soaked in sweat. That was the first time I dreamt about Malfoy, and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be the last time either.

"How was it?" Was Harry's first question when I saw down at breakfast.

"Oh you know, as good as I expected I guess", I replied, trying hard to show what was going on inside my head. Harry gave me a sympathetic look. "I'm thinking 6 o'clock for tonight?"

"Tonight?" I asked, confused.

"Our Quidditch lesson remember!"

"Oh of course yeah! 6 is good with me!" I said, happy that I got to spend time with Harry tonight.

Unfortunately, I first had to get through having all my lessons with a Malfoy today. I walked into charms and there he was, chatting with Pansy, Crabbe and Goyle as usual. I took my normal seat in front of him and he went silent when he saw me, almost as if he didn't know what to say to me. I could feel his eyes burning into the back of my head as I studied my textbook and at one point I turned around and our eyes met. Not one of us looked away from each other, and I'm sure we would have stayed that way if Professor Flitwick hadn't had asked me for the answer to question 21.

It went on like that all day, just staring at each other, like we were both thinking the same thing but neither one of us knew what to do. Slytherins and Gryffindors don't get involved with each other, but we knew something was happening, something that neither one of us could control. We were just trying to suppress it as best as we could.

It soon got to 6 and I headed down to the Quidditch pitch to see Harry already standing there in the Gryffindor team jumper and his cheeks flushed from the cold, and from carrying a heavy looking box out onto the field. He looked.....cute. He saw me and waved awkwardly, adjusting his glasses further up his nose as he did so.

"Hey Tori! You ready?"

"Sure am. Where do we begin?"

"Well, I thought you could have my old broom, it's a nimbus2000 which is pretty fast, I think you'll like it."

"You're giving me your broom?"

"I got given a new one at the end of last term and didn't know what to do with this one, it's yours, please take it."

"Harry thankyou so much!" I enveloped him into a hug, which he accepted, shyly at first, then he enclosed both of his arms around me. He smelt good, like vanilla and firewood. He was blushing when we pulled away, and he quickly began to change the subject.

"So what you need to do is raise your hand above the broom and say 'Up!' It might take a few tries but it will work!"

Taking a shaky breath, I raised my hand and commanded the broom. "UP!" The broom shot straight into my hand and I held it proudly.

"Wow first time! Nice! Ok now you're going to mount the broom, I'll do the same with mine and then we'll fly up together a few feet and touch back down. Nothing too difficult just yet."

We both kicked off the ground and hovered up, then a sudden confidence came over me and I kept going, further and further. "Race you to that hoop thing!" I sped off with Harry looking nervous at first, then realising I was perfectly fine and speeding after me. We both reached the hoop at the same time and Harry was smiling from ear to ear.

"Looks like someone's a natural! Now let's teach you all about quidditch."

We touched back down and Harry opened the box. There were different sized balls in there, and an old trophy. After taking a better look at it, I noticed there was a familiar name.

"Hey, that's my dad's name!" I exclaimed, seeing his name engraved on the old trophy.

"This is an old house cup trophy, when Gryffindor won. There's my dad's name too, I guess that's why you're a natural, quidditch is in your blood" Harry said, pointing to where his dads name was engraved as a seeker.

"So your dad was a seeker which is what you are?"

"Yeah, and yours was a chaser, so I'm gonna take a gamble and say you'd make an excellent chaser."

He releases a ball from its restraint in the box and hands it to me.

"What I want you to do, is fly up there with this ball, and try and get it past me and through the hoop, let's see how good you are." And so I kicked off the ground and rushed towards the hoop that Harry was in front of and threw it past him with ease, straight through the hoop in the centre.

"Well, looks like we know what position you play best at! We actually have a space on the team for a chaser for this season, do you maybe want to join?"

"Are you sure I'm good enough?"

Harry looked me dead in the eyes. "Absolutely", then he looked away and up at the building. "You know I'm really excited to go to Hogsmeade with you tomorrow Tori" the heat rised to his cheeks once again. Why was this boy always so nervous around me?

"Me too, it will be fun." Harry met my eyes again and smiled before realising how dark it had gotten.

"I think we're late for dinner, and we're finding out who the triwizard champions are tonight! Come on let's go" We ran as fast as we could to the hall, where everyone was already sat eating. They all turned to look at us as we entered, red in the face and sweaty.

We barely had time to sit down before Dumbledore announced the three winners. I didn't pay much attention, apart from when Fleur's name was read out, my mother taught her when she in first year, I must send her a message to inform her! I was snapped out of my thoughts when another name came flying out of the goblet at the last second.

"Harry Potter" Dumbledore said.