Chapter 12

Harry told me to be awake and ready for 11 in the morning. I had no idea where we were going for our date but I was excited nonetheless. I dressed casually, in my Gryffindor Quidditch jumper and a pair of jeans, but found myself immediately regretting it and wishing I had something nicer to wear. After tying 10000 different hairstyles I made my way into the common room where Harry was waiting for me. He stood up immediately when he saw me, and I realised he'd gone for the exact same outfit choice as me and we both laughed.

"Great minds think alike" he said.

"Bloody hell, they're matching outfits already, picked out your kids names yet?" Ron said sarcastically as he spilled his bottle of ink all over the parchment he was writing on.

"Where are you two going anyway?" Hermione asked, moving her parchment away from Ron's ink spill.

"It's a surprise, you'll see later"Harry nodded at Ron, who simply winked. I guess he knew where we were going.

"Have fun you two" he called as we left the common room and made our way out of the castle.

"So, gonna tell me where we're going yet?" I asked as we walked out of the front door to the castle.

"Well, you're gonna need this." He produced two scarves from behind his back and put one around my neck and the other around his.

"The Bulgarian Quidditch team scarf? What's going on?"

"Seeing as Viktor Krum is on the Bulgarian team and they have to practice, the whole Bulgarian team is here today to use our grounds to practice. They don't let students watch but seeing as I'm in the Triwizard tournament they made an exception." He scanned my face as he looked for my reaction.

I was speechless. "Oh my god! I heard they were in the Quidditch World Cup this year and I'm so annoyed I never knew about Quidditch until now! This is so exciting!"

"Glad you think so, perks of being in the tournament." Harry grinned at me and I laced our fingers together happily.

We reached the Quidditch stands and we took our seats, Bulgaria were playing against Puddlemere United in a practice match and we were the only spectators. I gripped Harry's hand excitedly and watched as the players kicked off and rose into their starting positions.

Even though it was only a practice match, it was still the most exciting thing I'd ever witnessed. I cheered as Bulgaria scored and gasped when the Puddlemere seeker got within inches of the snitch. I watched the chasers carefully, after all, I'd be playing for the Gryffindor team in that position soon enough.

"See how the chasers keep that formation? That's a good idea for us this season." Harry said softly next to me.

"I cant wait to finally play."

He turned to look at me. "If our fathers could see us now"

"They'd be so proud." We both smiled at each other.

Soon the match came to an end, with Bulgaria coming out as victorious. I threw my arms around Harry's neck in celebration and he scooped me up, both of us giddy with excitement. Not wanting the date to end, we headed into Hogsmeade for a butterbeer.

"I never thanked you for that photo of my dad by the way, I haven't got many photos of him"

"It's ok, I know the feeling, I didn't have any photos of my parents until Hagrid gave me a photo album at the end of first year. It's weird losing a parent so young isn't it? No one seems to understand."

"For most people their parents are the most important people in their lives, for us they're just a distant memory. At least I had my mum growing up, but she never told me about him."

"How old were you when he died?"

"I was 3, but he was taken from us when I was 1, so something must have happened between that time."

"That's dark wizards for you, they must have done something to him. At least with my parents they were killed quickly I guess."

"Look at us, bonding over dead parents", I chuckled as we drank our warm beer, smooth caramel warming my stomach.

"Tell me about Brighton" Harry asked, his eyes full of intrigue.

"Well, it's beautiful. I wake up every morning to see the sea, and nighttime walks on the pier are my favourite."

"It sounds beautiful, I've never really been to the seaside, to be honest I've never really done anything." Harry looked down as he said this and I grabbed his hand from across the table.

"You haven't don't anything yet. There's plenty of time to make memories. I'll take you to Brighton sometime."

Harry's eyes lit up. "And I can take you to meet my Godfather Sirius!"

I nearly spat out my beer. "Sirius Black is your godfather?!"

"Yeah, found that out last year, he was best friends with my dad, I think he was friends with yours too!"

"Wow, that's crazy. I guess you shouldn't always believe what you hear from other people."

"Exactly that."

There was a silence as none of us knew what to say next.

"So.....now we've gone on a date, what does that make us?" I broke the silence.

"Well, I guess this means we're dating? If-if you're ok with that", he replied nervously.

"Sounds good to me." I smiled at him warmly and his whole face lit up, and I felt a warm glow in my stomach, spreading throughout my entire body.

We headed back to the castle hand in hand, and just before we walked through the gates he turned to me, placed his hand on my cheek and gently kissed me, sending tingles rippling through my whole body.

"To end the perfect date."