Chapter 28

"Tori, can we have a chat?"

We were back at Hogwarts and things were getting more and more dark. There had been a mass breakout from Azkaban and Umbridge seemed to have even more power than before. But that wasn't what was bothering me, it was the conversation that I was about to have.

Harry and I made our way up to the astronomy tower, neither of us saying much. We hadn't really spoken but we both knew that this was coming.

"I think...I think we both know things aren't ok with us right now" he started.

"I just, Harry I don't want to be another person you have to protect. I don't want you to think you always have to worry about me."

"I know. I'm just angry all the time right now and I can't control it, I just don't want to hurt you, ever."

"I think you need some time alone, you've got a lot on your plate right now and I wish I could do something to help but I don't know what. I'll always stand by you, I just don't think I can do this anymore, this constant fighting."

We sat in silence for a moment, and Harry looked out of the tower.

"You love him don't you."

I turned to look at him, and his eyes were filled with sadness.

"Yes. But that doesn't mean I don't love you. I really do Harry, and I want you, but I think I need him."

"I think I've known for a long time. I see the way he looks at you, he's so in love with you. I didn't even think he was capable of love. It's the kind of love I don't think I could give you, no matter how much I want to."

"It's funny, you've got no family yet you're so surrounded by people, he's got the biggest family I've ever seen yet he feels so alone."

"I don't think I'll ever understand Malfoy but I understand you Tori, and I'll always be here for you, no matter what."

"You've given me the best year of my life Harry Potter did you know that?"

"And you've given me the best year of mine, Victoria Greenwood."

I took the ruby ring that was on my hand and placed it in Harry's, and laid my head on his shoulder. Neither one of us saying anything, we just sat, not wanting the moment to end.

~

It was later on that evening when I was unpacking my trunk when I saw it. The gift that Draco had given me before Christmas that I had never opened. I unwrapped the parcel to reveal a box. The box was white, with little Eiffel towers sketched around the outside. There was a handle and when I wound it, it played French music and when it opened, I realised it was a jewellery box. In the lid "Belle" was engraved. I sighed and held it close to my chest. This was the most thoughtful gift anyone has ever got me.

I decided to go and find him. He wasn't in the Slytherin common room, or so Pansy Parkinson said, sneering at me as I stood in the doorway. Instead he was sat in the potions class next door, frowning as he added lacewing flies to a cauldron.

"Hey."

He turned around and his face softened.

"Hey Belle."

"Thankyou for my Christmas present. I've only just opened it."

"Glad you liked it, now you have somewhere to put all your jewellery."

"The French theme was a nice touch."

"You're half French, thought you'd appreciate it."

"I did."

"Now can you help me? I'm trying to make a bloody ageing potion."

I leaned over him and inspected it. "Needs to be stirred more." I suddenly realised how close I had gotten to him, as my arm brushed against his shoulder.

"Aren't you going to move away Belle" he said, and I noticed his eyes staring up at me intensely.

"I don't want to."

"You know we can't Belle."

"Actually, we can."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm officially a single woman."

"You and Potter broke up? How are you feeling?"

"Sad, happy, I don't know. It's bittersweet."

"Why's it bittersweet?"

"Because now I can do this." I titled his chin up with one finger and pressed my lips to his, and this time he didn't pull back. He stood up so my chin was now tilted upwards and he tangled his hand in my hair, his other one around my waist. The kiss was filled with all the passion we had in our bodies and he moved his hands down so they were on the backs of my thighs and I jumped, wrapping my legs around him as he lifted me onto the table, brushing the potion ingredients to the side as he did so. He kissed my neck, leaving hickey after hickey with his sharp bites, but I didn't care, I needed him. His hand was underneath my skirt in an instant, and gently he moved my underwear to the side and gently slipped a finger inside me, making me moan softly. I covered my mouth to not make any noise and Draco simply whispered in my ear "Don't stop yourself, I love to hear it."

Our tongues were intertwined and our bodies were grinding against each other, the air filled with my soft moans. I pulled at the buttons of his shirt and he stopped to look down at me and said "we've got all the time in the world for that darling, not here."

"Why not?" I said, needing him now.

"Because you're worth so much more than a potions classroom table." He pressed his lips to mine once more before pulling me up and helping me to fix my uniform.

"Now, does this potion look right to you?"