Chapter 23

"Tori? Tori wake up we're almost there" I sat up and rubbed my eyes. We were on the train back to Hogwarts and I must have fallen asleep on Harry's shoulder. I rubbed the back of my neck and said "thanks for the pillow."

"Anytime."

That morning Moody and Tonks had taken us to King's Cross, with Tonks giving me a hug as I went through the familiar wall leading to Platform 9 3/4. Moody simply watched, saying he doesn't do sentimental and he had to get back. Harry had run off somewhere and I saw something in his hand just now. "What's that?" I asked him.

Harry looked around him, making sure no one was listening in that shouldn't be before saying "it's the original Order of the Phoenix" he showed me the old, crumpled photograph and I saw two familiar faces in it. My mother and father stood, smiling at me, my father's arm around my mother's shoulder. "I'm going to make him proud of me this year, both of them", I said, looking down at them.

"You've already done that" Harry said, smiling at me.

The train soon puffed into the familiar station and the warm feeling of being home spread through me. I was ready for another year of magic, mischief but most of all, I was ready to make the Greenwood name even stronger.

We disembarked and as we were walking along the platform I heard a familiar voice.

"I'm surprised the ministry's still letting you walk around free Potter. Better enjoy it while you can, I expect there's a cell in Azkaban with your name on it." Draco, dressed all in black, his hair shinier than ever slammed into my shoulder as he walked past, shooting me a glare. I looked at him confused. He literally apparated to come and see me just 3 weeks ago and suddenly we were back to being strangers?

I was snapped out of my thoughts by Harry throwing himself at Draco, Ron had to grab his arms and hold him back.

"What did I tell you? Complete nutter"

"JUST STAY AWAY FROM ME" Harry shouted, and Hermione saw me rubbing my shoulder and said "are you ok? I saw him slam you."

"Yeah I'm fine, just took me by surprise. Come on, that feast is calling my name."

We walked over to the carriages that take us up to the castle when Harry stopped to look at it and said "what is it?" Pointing at nothing.

"What is what?" Ron asked.

"That. Pulling the carriage."

But none of us saw anything. The carriage wasn't being pulled by anything and we all looked at him, confused.

"Harry are you ok?" I asked him, touching his shoulder gently. He shrugged me off and said "fine." Slightly hurt, I sat down in the carriage without saying another word and realised I was sitting next to a girl I didn't recognise.

"You're not going mad. I can see them too" she said, in a sweet, sort of sing-song voice. Ron and I looked at each other, eyebrows raised.

Her name was Luna Lovegood, a strange girl, who seemed almost like she was living in her own little dream world. I looked at Harry and he was staring into space, there's definitely something different about him this year, he's not his usual shy, sweet self. There's something going on with him.

The feast was as brilliant as ever, and I filled my stomach on roast chicken and potatoes, washed down with pumpkin juice and chocolate cake. Dumbledore then began his yearly speech about staffing changes, and he announced that the new defence against the dark arts teacher was Professor Umbridge, an odd looking woman dressed head to toe in pink. Looking at her too long gave me a headache. I felt a nudge and looked to see Harry frowning. "It's her. The one who was at my trial."

"That's the one you were talking about?"

"Yeah."

"Strange woman."

I looked up to see she had taken over from Dumbledore and was talking about how we were all going to be great friends. "That's likely" Me, Fred and George said in unison, and she shot us a sinister smile before she continued talking about progress. I tuned out, looking over at the Slytherin table to see Draco, half asleep looking bored out of his mind. It's almost like he sensed I was looking at him, as he raised his head to meet my eyes, glaring. I payed attention to my table again and Hermione mentioned that the ministry are interfering at Hogwarts. My stomach sank as I realised that this year really was going to be different to the last, and I was only in my second year at this school.

As we walked into the common room that night, everyone turned to look at Harry, some looking scared and some looking angry. They were all reading The Daily Prophet where Harry had been slated. I grabbed one copy off of a first year and threw it into the fire.

"Dean, Seamus, good holiday?" Harry asked our friends.

"Alright. Better than Seamus' anyway." Dean replied.

Seamus rose to his feet. "My mam didn't want me to come back this year."

"Why not." I stood behind Harry protectively.

"Let's see, because of you. The daily prophet has been saying a lot of things."

Harry and Seamus confined arguing until Ron appeared and gave everyone a warning about believing what the prophet says. Harry ran up to the dorms and I followed. "Are you alright?" I asked.

"Fine." He replied.

"Don't worry about Seamus, I'm sure he didn't mean it."

"I said I'm FINE Tori!" Harry snapped, and I stepped back, shocked.

"Right well I'll just leave you to it shall I." I left without saying another word and got into bed. My thoughts were racing. Everything was so perfect with Harry last night, and now all of a sudden he's snapping at me?

I don't know that boy is, but that is not the Harry I fell in love with.