Chapter 7

"I definitely do not wish I was still here with Potter."

"Good girl."

I looked at him, his grey eyes staring into mine, as if he was looking straight into my soul, his hands still holding my waist, I could feel the cold of his ring from where his hands had moved my shirt up and were resting on my bare skin. Everything about this situation was wrong. I'm not supposed to do this, he's enemies with one of my best friends, the best friend I should be here with now. How could something so wrong feel so right?

He leant in again, and just as our lips were millimetres away from each other we heard laughter, a load of students were heading up the path towards us, and Draco instantly moved back from me and nodded his head towards the path back to Hogwarts. We walked in silence back to the castle, neither one of us knowing what to say or what would happen between us next. I knew this was wrong, and I was so determined to keep away from him from now on, I can't get feelings for a future death eater, I just can't.

We didn't even say goodbye when we got back to the castle, Malfoy just walked towards the dungeons and I headed up to the Gryffindor common room. Harry was sat laughing with Ron and Hermione about something and I suddenly remembered that he had stood me up today. I stormed past the trio and heard Harry say "Tori?" As I did so. I didn't go downstairs again until I was sure everyone had gone to bed, and crept down quietly to get some homework done in peace. That's when I saw him, the familiar dark haired boy was staring into the fire absentmindedly and I quickly turned to head upstairs before he saw me, but failed.

"Tori?" He was looking at me and I turned to face him.

"Harry."

"Are you ok? How was Hogsmeade? I'm sorry I couldn't make it."

"Couldn't make it? Oh how nice of you to let me know AFTER you stood me up!" I folded my arms across my chest and his face flashed with confusion.

"Stood you up? No I left you a note! Did you not see it?! I left it on your pillow after breakfast this morning! Tori I would never stand you up, I was really looking forward to spending time with you, but I just couldn't get out of this interview thing! I'm so so sorry."

My face instantly fell.

"I didn't see the note, it must have blown away or something, I'm sorry Harry."

"Don't apologise, how was it anyway? Who did you go with?"

"It was good! I urgh, I just went by myself in the end, it was fun though, and I tried Butterbeer for the first time!"

Harry and I spent the rest of the night talking about his interview (he cracked me up talking about his eyes glistening with the ghosts of his past) and we laughed like nothing had ever happened. That's what I liked about Harry, he was so easy to get along with and seemed to really care about me. Maybe I had a little crush on him?

The next day Malfoy and I avoided each other all we could. I had my first Quidditch practice with the Gryffindor team in the morning and got through all my lessons until it got to Potions. I'd managed to stay away from him all day until this lesson. We were brewing a calming drought, like the one I'd taught Malfoy to make just a couple of days earlier, when Snape callee my name from across the class.

"Greenwood, over here, Mr Malfoy clearly hasn't been paying attention in your study sessions, assist him please." I walked over to see that once again he had been stirring incorrectly, that's when I looked at him and his eyes met mine. He knew exactly what he was doing, he was doing this on purpose. That's when I picked up the spoon and said "this way" and began to stir, when his hands enclosed around mine, one arm on each side of my body. I wanted the world to disappear then and there, I could feel his warm breath blowing my hair gently, and his chest pressed against my back. I looked up and saw Harry looking over suspiciously so I quickly let go and said "it should be fine now" to which Draco smirked and said "ok......Professor."

The lesson soon ended and we headed out into the courtyard to study in the sun, when we heard his voice. "Why so tense Potter? My father and I have a bet you see, I think you won't last ten minutes in this tournament" he jumps down from the tree, Crabbe, Goyle and Pansy behind him, and I roll my eyes. "He disagrees, he thinks you won't last five." He's walks towards us, his eyes switching from Harry's to mine as he smirks. Even though he is the most annoying human on earth, he makes me feel......strange.

"I don't give a damn what your father thinks Malfoy" Harry bursts, and that's when I notice it.

The piece of paper that has fallen out of Malfoy's robe, with my name on it.