Chapter 58

I couldn't run down the stairs fast enough. Molly, Arthur, Fred, George and Ginny were all wearing new jumpers, hand knitted by Molly herself obviously.

"Don't look at us like that Greenwood, you've got one too" Fred said, rolling his eyes.

"Couldn't let you get away without a jumper could we?" George added.

Ginny handed me a small parcel, wrapped in black paper with a green bow. "None of us put it there, go on open it." I felt all the Weasley's eyes on me as I unwrapped the parcel, the smell of his aftershave hitting me, making my stomach flip.

In the parcel was a black leather notebook, with the initials D.M engraved on the cover. I hugged it close to my chest, there was no card, but just him sending me something of his was significant enough of a sign to tell me he was ok. Smiling to myself, I hugged the notebook to my chest.

"Right you, jumper on, no escaping." Fred handed me a squashy parcel, which I unwrapped to reveal an emerald green jumper with a huge V in the centre. I slipped it over my head smiling, as the Weasley's smiled back at me. For the first time in a long time, my smile was genuine.

~

"I made too much food, we'll be eating this for weeks. I'm so used to having everyone here, it's weird not having a full table." Molly and I were setting the table, Molly determined to keep it together as much as possible.

"Though Remus and Tonks will be coming, in fact they should be here any moment" she added, looking towards the door.

"Remus is coming?"

As if on cue, the door swung open to reveal my godfather, accompanied by a pregnant Tonks and none other than my mother.

"Victoria!" I flew into my mother's arms, holding her at close to me as I possibly could.

"How come-"

"It wasn't safe for me in Brighton alone anymore, I've been staying with Tonks and her parents, looking after her and the baby, oh my darling it's so good to see you!"

"Victoria Greenwood" Remus smiled at me from across the room and I walked over and hugged him.

"We have a lot to talk about, lots to update you on, but first, we have a question for you" Remus wrapped his arm around Tonks, both of them smiling at me.

"We wondered if....if you would be the baby's godmother" Tonks asked, as she cradled her growing bump.

"Seeing as I'm your godfather I only thought it would be right that you be my baby's godmother."

"Of course!" I embraced them both, everyone in the room smiling.

"Now, onto some serious stuff I'm afraid."

"You can talk over dinner, it's ready." Molly Weasley waved her wand and suddenly the table was full of food, a great big Turkey sat in the centre. We all took our seats and as we piled our plates high, Remus began to tell us what he knew.

"So the ministry are calling for all muggleborns to be interrogated, most of them going to Azkaban without even having a chance to defend themselves. Hermione is on that list, but she has not presented herself as of yet. The three of them were sighted at the ministry a few weeks ago, and I saw them for myself at 12 Grimmauld Place around the same time, however it is not longer safe for them to go back there. Last night there were reports of Hermione and Harry being seen in Godric's Hollow, but apparently Ron was not with them."

"Ron wasn't there?" Molly slammed her fork down with a clatter and began to pace the room. "If something has happened to him I'll-"

"Calm down Molly, we know if something bad has happened that Harry and Hermione would come back straight away or they would have informed us."

"Carry on Remus" Arthur Weasley said, taking a long sip of his drink.

"So it has now become compulsory for all wizards to attend Hogwarts after the Christmas holidays, including those who are home schooled. This is probably to find more muggleborns, and so Voldemort can have everyone in one place. It's getting closer, and fast. We need to begin to prepare ourselves for war, and quickly."

"Guess the wand will come in handy then" I said, taking a bite of roast potato.

Remus turned to me, meeting my eyes.

"Victoria, you currently own the most powerful wand in the world. With you on our side we have a great advantage. However that night at the wedding, when you used it to save the Malfoy boy, Yaxley saw you use it and went straight to Voldemort to tell him. He may not have done anything yet, but with Snape in charge of Hogwarts you know that at some point someone in that school may try to harm you to get that wand. My advice, is keep your friends close, but your enemies even closer."

My stomach turned. "I'll quite literally protect that wand with my life."

~

Soon after dinner, Remus handed me a small box. "Merry Christmas Victoria."

I opened it to reveal a frame, within it was a photo of my father, Sirius, Remus and James Potter, a small baby in my father's arms.

"I'm guessing that's me?" I asked.

"Indeed. I've had this photo for years, but I figured it's time to be passed to you. I want to remember Victoria, that you are never alone. He's always with you, you may not be able to see him, but he's there. Keep making him proud."

After a teary hug, I headed upstairs, propping the photo on the bedside table in Ginny's room. I took the notebook from Draco out from underneath my pillow, where I had put it for safe keeping, along with the quill that came with it, and opened it.

It was empty, although a small part of me hoped that he had written a message in there for me. Sighing softly, I absentmindedly found myself writing "I miss you" on the first page.

Blinking furiously, I saw the ink disappear and after a few seconds some writing appeared, that I hadn't written.

"Belle?"