Chapter 40

"So that's where you ran off to" Harry said as I entered the common room wearing Draco's jumper and practically grinning from ear to ear. I shrugged and said "I guess he was willing to fight for us as well."

"You're still up for the plan though right?" He asked, worry crossing his face.

"Of course"

"Did he tell you anything about what he's been doing?"

"No" I lied. Draco needed to trust me and I wasn't going to tell Harry anything, he would find out eventually anyway. For the first time ever I realised I had found myself in the middle of good and bad and I wasn't enjoying it one bit.

"Ok so I'm thinking, we need to follow him one evening, I know he keeps heading off somewhere but I don't know where, we should do alternate nights so you have time to do your potions work and we don't get behind on homework."

"Sure. Oh, how was the party?" I was desperate to change the subject.

"Urgh yeah it was good, except for the part where Ron snogged Lavender and Hermione got upset."

"Wow, I only left for a couple of hours!"

"Where did you go anyway?"

"Did you know there's a cabin between here and Hogsmeade?"

"No I didn't, why?" Harry looked at me with his eyebrows raised.

"It's.....a nice spot. Goodnight Harry." I smiled again as I headed up the stone steps to the dormitory where all of the girls were already asleep and fell into bed, exhausted.

~
"So, miss Greenwood is passing out the ingredients for the dreamless sleep potion we are making today, you will have 1 hour to use your textbooks to make the potion. Get to it!" Slughorn gave the instructions as I handed out fluxweed to the sixth year class.

"Library during lunch today?" Draco asked in a low voice as I handed him his ingredients.

"Sure, meet you there"

When I got to Harry he grabbed my arm and asked "do you want to do the first watch tonight or shall I?"

"I can do it, I've done all my homework, you however need to catch up, you owe me a potions essay Potter."

"Alright Professor Greenwood you'll get it tonight!" I gave him a nudge as I walked past him and noticed his textbook was full of notes. "Wow someone's been studying the textbook" he looked at me and I nodded down to the page and he quickly flipped the page and said "it was whoever had the book last, it's helping me a lot"

"Explains your grades" I winked at him before walking back to the front of the class.

Pretty much everyone managed to create a bottle of dreamless sleep potion that was presented at the end of class, even Seamus had managed to do it without it blowing up in his face and Neville's actually resembled the correct colour.

"It seems the students are much more interested in potions with you assisting me Miss Greenwood, you'll be a brilliant Potions Professor one day I'm sure" Professor Slughorn said to me as I packed up my bag ready to meet Draco in the library.

"Thankyou Professor"

"I used to do these little dinners when I used to work here, I'm thinking of getting a few students together and having a dinner this week at some point, of course you will be invited to attend"

"Thankyou Professor, just let me know when and I'll be there! Now if you'll excuse me I've got an essay to write for Transfiguration." I swiftly left and made my way to the library, making sure I packed a vial of the Dreamless sleep potion in my bag for future use.

"Ok so apparently there's a book in the restricted section about Vanishing cabinets and Snape wrote me a permission slip to check it out, once we get that we can sort out how to fix it," Draco said almost as soon as I sat down in the library.

"Hold on, Snape knows?"

"He's one of them....us" he winced at the word 'us' and I gave him a soft look.

"You're not like them, remember, come on let's go get this book." Draco and I both stood up from the table and headed to the very back of the library, deep into the restricted section.

"Here, Wizarding contraptions and their uses", I'm sure this must be the book, I said, leaning up to get the book down when an arm appeared from behind me and grabbed it down. "You know, the restricted section is always quiet, we could get up to anything in here, and no one would know a thing" Draco breathed into my air and I was suddenly aware of how close he was standing behind me.

"Well, I guess it's a good place to get essays done then" I said, teasing him and refusing to turn around to face him.

"Could take ages to write the essay" his hands were on my waist and he spun me round to face him and he looked at me, his piercing grey eyes staring so deeply into mine it was as if he was looking into my soul.

"Or you know, we could go back out there, go play chess with Colin" I said, looking away from him and biting my lip. I felt his hand on my chin as he turned my head neck towards him, running his thumb over my lips.

"Fuck Colin" he said, his breath becoming heavier as we both felt the tension in the air.

"I think he's a little young for me" and before I had time to say anything else he crashed his lips into mine, neither one of us being able to stand the tension anymore. Kissing him was like a drug, a drug that I was addicted to, once I started I just couldn't stop. I pushed him back so he hit the bookcase, old books falling down all around us, as our hands roamed each other's bodies. Draco bit my lip, making me let out a small moan, and then he slipped his tongue into my mouth and intertwined it with my own. His hands soon made their way up my shirt, fondling my upper body as I ran my hands through his hair, slightly pulling at it as I did so. More and more books fell down as the bookcase wobbled furiously and we wouldn't stopped if it wasn't for Madame Pince shouting "Who's in there?" Causing us to look at each other in alarm, grab the book we needed and sprint out of the library hand in hand, giggling as students stared at us in confusion.