Chapter 44

"WHAT DID YOU DO?!" I screamed at Harry, trying to free myself out of his grip.

"Tori....please"

"He needs me Harry let me GO" I thrashed against Harry's grip that he had on my arm.

"And I need you." Harry said, his eyes piercing into mine.

"Harry this is different, I need to get to him."

"Ok...it's him, or it's me. Choose."

"What?"

"Choose. Me or him."

"Harry I'm sorry, but it's Draco. It's always been Draco." Harry removed his hand from mine instantly and it dropped back to his side, defeated.

"Fine then." He stormed off down the corridor as I ran into the bathroom to find Snape with his wand standing over Draco, who was unconscious on the floor. I dropped onto my knees next to him as I grabbed his cold, pale hand, blinking away tears as my heart shattered into a million pieces.

"He's going to be ok Miss Greenwood. Will you go to Madam Pomfrey and instruct her to prepare a bed, and then go to the potions classroom and prepare a pepperup potion, I trust you will have no difficulty with that." Snape's instructions had me running as fast as I could to the hospital wing to pass the message to Madam Pomfrey, who immediately jumped up and grabbed two pillows out of a cupboard, and then I sprinted down to the dungeons and began grabbing various ingredients out of the storage cupboard and pouring them all into a cauldron. I sobbed as I stirred, the image of Draco on the floor surrounded by blood playing through my mind on replay, as well as the image of Harry storming off down the corridor after he had just almost killed the person I loved more than anything in the world. As soon as I finished the potion I ran to the hospital wing, where Professor Mcgonagall was stood looking over an unconscious Draco alongside Snape.

"Ah Thankyou Miss Greenwood, I ran out of this a week ago, this should help him feel better, go on, you can go and be with him for a little while" Madam Pomfrey gave me a smile as she took the finished potion from me and I headed over to Draco's bedside where Mcgonagall met my eyes with a sympathetic look.

"I believe you were witness to the event Miss Greenwood?" She asked as I sat down in the chair next to Draco's bed and took his hand.

"Yes Professor."

"Miss Greenwood assisted me with getting help for Mr Malfoy" Snape added, and I looked at him in confusion, he was being nice for once.

"Excellent work, 10 points to Gryffindor, now I must be going, I just wanted to check Mr Malfoy was alright." She squeezed my shoulder before heading off out of the hospital wing, leaving me and Snape alone with Draco, with madam Pomfrey busy down the other end of the room.

"Your gift for potions comes in useful" Snape said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Urm, Thankyou Professor."

"Your father was very gifted at charms I remember."

"You knew him?"

"Of course. He was friends with Potter and the others. He was the only one who cared to help me down from the tree after Potter had left me up there all those times."

"He did?"

"You have his courage. It's no wonder you were sorted into the same house as him. I take it Mr Malfoy has let you in on the task he has to complete?"

"Urm yes, he has."

"And I take it you understand that time is running out?"

"Yes."

"Are you understanding what I'm asking of you Miss Greenwood?"

"He told me not to help. That he had to do it all alone."

"The actual task he will complete alone, but I need you to help him until then. Mrs Malfoy has sent over some instructions from Borgin about the cabinet, while he's in here I expect you to figure it out."

"Professor-"

"If I could give one piece of advice to you Miss Greenwood, it would be to not let him go. I lost the person I loved once, I'm not letting Draco lose his person." Just as I was about to question him, I turned to see Snape had already left. Just then, Draco began to stir, slowly opening his eyes and blinking, trying to figure out where he was.

"Hey you, it's ok, you're in the hospital wing."

"Belle?"

"I'm here."

"What happened? Why am I here?"

"All in good time. Here, drink this." I offered some pepperup potion to him, which he drank.

"Have you been here the whole time?"

"I only left you to go and make the potion."

"What time is it?"

"It's late."

"I need to go, I have to finish it. I was getting closer."

"Not tonight you're not."

"Belle-"

"I said, not tonight Draco. It's being handled."

"Who's handling it?"

"Never you mind." I noticed his left arm was covered in scratches again and stroked it softly. He quivered under my touch but didn't pull his arm away. "You've been messing around with it again haven't you."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't ever apologise to me again." Silence fell over us as I held Draco's hand as he stared up at the ceiling. Then he suddenly turned to me, his eyes full of tears as he said "Please don't leave me."

"I'm not going anywhere my love."