A Run In With People I Didn't Want To Run Into

Next Day 

        So far, my practices with Raimon was still making no progress. The only people I could actually play with on the field so far was Gouenji, Kidou, Someoka, Ichinose, and possibly Domon, and I wasn't exactly on the best terms with the managers either, especially Aki, the girl who I had first talked to during the Teikoku versus Raimon practice match. The others, especially the teal haired boy from the first practice and another boy named Handa, were completely against me being on the team. Whatever. I was already planning on ditching them after I beat Zeus. I might go join a team in Europe where mama, papa, and my grandparents were living, or I might escape to Hokkaido or someplace far where people wouldn't know much about me. But whatever I decide on doing, I can't go back to Kidokawa Seishuu...ah, the mere name of it gave me a pang of sadness and reminded me that I had to face them soon. But instead of being on a team together, I was going to have to play against them...

        "Sakurai, Gouenji! You guys look depressed! Want to come to the park and plan with me and Kidou?" Endou's voice cut through my deep thinking. I looked at Gouenji, and he gave me the same look of if-you-go-I'll-go. I turned back to Endou and shrugged. "Sure, why not? I don't have anything else planned after school anyway."

Time Skip to After Practice

        I sat in the middle of Gouenji and Kidou on the bench. Gouenji was hunched over deep in worry, obviously about the whole facing Kidokawa thing. Kidou had insisted on putting an arm around my waist as he read the strategies he planned for our next match out loud. While I wanted to do what Gouenji was doing and let all the frustration show, I was sure I looked like a girl now in my female uniform and being hugged by Kidou, so I really shouldn't, or it would look like I had just been dumped and Kidou was trying to cheer me up. Heck, I already look like his girlfriend sitting this close to him, I don't want to give him more glory.

        "Gouenji, watch out for the timing when the formation changes," Kidou warned the platinum haired striker. All he got in reply was a brooding, "Yeah..." All of us could tell that Gouenji wasn't really listening. "We'll take a break from this strategy meeting!" Endou exclaimed, trying to lighten the mood, "Come with me!" Then he ran off. Gouenji snapped up, and me and Kidou jerked our head toward the figure running away. "Hey! Where are you going?" Kidou shouted after Endou. The three of us sprang up and started chasing him.

        At last when we finally caught up to him, we stood in front of an old fashioned candy shop. "A sweets store?" Kidou asked, shaking his head. "Yeah," deadpanned Endou, "You've never been here before?" But Endou was right, the run did make me forget about my worries, even if it was only for five minutes. "Yeah," me, Gouenji, and Kidou replied like idiots.

        Endou went in and instantly started chatting with the old lady in charge and the elementary kids in there buying candy. He looked so familiar with this place and these people, I was even starting to wish they had stores like this near Teikoku. "So they still have places like this in Inazuma Town," Kidou stated as he admired the sentimental feeling of the candy store. "Yeah, it's my first time here too," Gouenji said.

        We decided to wait for Endou outside on the bench, since none of us (or me at least) hadn't brung any pocket money other than my dinner fee and bart fare since I lived in another city. I wondered briefly whether Kidou was actually hiding a fat wallet somewhere since he was rich, then gave up on trying to figure out where since it's not like he was going to share anyway.

        "A sweets store, eh?" Kidou said suddenly, "Just like a child." Me and Gouenji turned our attention to him. I had gotten used to his hands over me after so many weeks, so I just ignored the arm that had found it's way around my waist again and hoped that no one I knew passed by. I did not need rumors of the crossdressing Death Bringer having a possible relationship with the fallen genius strategist being tossed around Japan.