The Lion Will Protect His Prize

I already wrote a chapter for Kidou and Sakuma, so it's Genda's turn now! This chapter is dedicated to DragonessKunoichi (on Wattpad) for supporting me throughout this story.

        The next day, when I walked up to the gate of the gigantic school, I saw a certain goalkeeper leaning on the side. "Ohayo, Genda-san," I greeted politely as stopped in front of him. He looked up, or down in this case, "Oh. Ohayo, Shizumi-chan."  I never really noticed how tall he was compared to me, and I was pretty average height. His tall, ninth-grader-like built towered over me.

        "Are you waiting for somebody?" I asked. Since when did he ever come so early? Usually it was just me, a few teachers, and a few other students who I recognized. "I was waiting for you, Shi~zu~chan~," he leaned toward me and replied playfully, drawing out my name. I felt my heart beat faster like yesterday when Sakuma smiled at me, but instead of taking my breath away, this time I felt nervous. Yet in a good way somehow. Was that even possible?

        I managed to get out a "Why?" before I thought I was going to faint. Luckily I didn't. That would have been really embarrassing if I did, and Kidou was going to wave it in my face every chance he got if he ever found out.

        "Just wanted to see if you wanna hang out with me after school today. There's a new coffee shop near the school that just opened," said Genda with a smile that made him look like a child. I felt the temptation tugging at me. I didn't trust anyone on the soccer team so I always kept my guard up around them other than the cyan haired striker, but even Sakuma I didn't trust completely.

        Right now, I could feel my guard slipping at his cute smile. "Gomen Genda-san, I can't," I said at last. He pouted, melting my heart and making me regret my decision, "Can you help me study for my science test? I need to get a good grade on it since I failed the last one."

        I felt the wall I kept in the middle of us start crumbling. He really knew how to convince people to get what he wants, ne? I knew it was all just a cute face he was putting up, but it was working really well. If I don't do something quick, my mouth is going to say yes without my command. "There's still half an hour before first period starts. I can show you the main points to study in the library right now," I told him, even though I knew what he actually wanted was a date, not to ace the test. I saw the disapointment wash over his face, but he quickly regained composure and followed me to the library.

Time Skip to After Practice

        "That's it for today. And don't forget that we have a practice match against Raimon the day after tomorrow!" Kidou called to everyone, thus dismissing them from practice. Today's Kuroi Hane Taifuu trials were all fails, with the three trying to learn it only occasionally getting one with a bit of wind like the one Sakuma shot yesterday. The Commander watched them with a disapointed gaze. Well of couse they couldn't do it yet. It isn't a move that anyone could learn easily. That was why only one person able to use it was ever known, and that was the black haired boy of Kidowkawa Seishuu with the number 13 who was nicknamed the Death Bringer. And the word "Death" wasn't a word to be taken lightly.

        Sadly, I couldn't go to the Steel Tower Plaza like yesterday since I actually did need to study for that test Genda mentioned in the morning. I changed back into my uniform since I keep my tracksuit at school on days with school. Then I picked up my bag which was a little heavy today because my science textbook was also in it. Usually, I leave all my textbooks in my locker unless I need to use them.

 in the middle of a busy city. Usually, people were walking on both streets that the alleyway connected, so I never had to worry about danger. If I shouted, or perhaps fake a high, girly shriek, then surely someone would come to my rescue. And if worse comes to worse, I would have many witnesses.