Messengers From Heaven

Shizumi's POV

"So, you see? Since this is a wind hissatsu, your spins and your pass must follow it, not to kick it as if your intention was to add power, although the power will be increased because the wind will make the ball spin faster, thus making it more powerful and faster like a drill. So I suggest Kazemaru making a curve pass to Someoka, who must then somehow alter the axis so that it would not curve off target," Kidou finished. Kazemaru and Someoka were nodding vigorously, no doubt running over the movements in their head.

We had failed at all our earlier attempts, so Kidou was brought in to pick out what was wrong. Turns out I was right about most of it, like the follow through with the wind concept, but you gotta admit that Kidou's sense for soccer was stronger than mine. His suggestion for the curve pass was brilliant and improved our progress vastly, and who could have thought of the idea to change the axis so that it was in attack format right after the curve pass. It's like he knows exactly how the ball would spin, move, react, and recoil. Just like how he manipulates people when he "plays" with them I thought to myself and a bitter laugh escaped my lips.

"Okay, that's about right. Someoka, a little more to the right should do, and then it will only be your teamwork and timing that needs tweaking," Kidou said after watching us shoot it a couple of times, and pinpointing more ways for us to improve. At this rate we were going, we were bound to get it today or tomorrow, and then there will be more than enough time to perfect it! Whatever way Poseidon might have found to stop us from scoring doesn't matter anymore. Nothing could ruin this positive attitude that the team and especially me and Kidou have.

"Ready to try it? Endou needs practice buddies," Gouenji said as he strolled lazily to us. I have no idea why that potato isn't practising, but I'll let him off this once since he forgave me and partly because I'm so pumped up right now.

Me, Someoka, Kabeyama, and Kazemaru took our places, and so did Kidou, Gouenji, Ichinose, Max, Shourin, and Domon. We were to shoot consecutavely with a one second gap, just enough so that Endou has time to react. The order was our incomplete hissatsu, Ichinose's Spiral Shot, Gouenji's Fire Tornado, Max and Shourin's Twin Boost, then lastly Kidou and Domon's Twin Boost.

"All right, come at me!" Endou exclaimed, and as soon as those words rang out, all of us sprang into action. Suddenly, at that perfect moment when all five balls were zooming straight for Endou and right before he could even touch one, two figures lept in and intercepted the ball.

They moved so fast I didn't see nor realize what had happened until a few seconds later. Even with my eyes, I couldn't see it. Their speed was...inhuman. It made me shiver. And even though I didn't want to admit it, no, it was more like I couldn't admit it for admitting it would be sealing the answer, I was scared.

Everybody including me and Endou, gasped. The two figures had stopped the balls cleanly and completely, each catching one on each hand, and the one I didn't recognize, who somehow looked familiar though I had no idea how, caught the last ball on her leg, which was still spinning out right now. They both wore modern spins of toga like clothes, Zeus uniforms. My eyes narrowed.

Endou, unaware, ran foward to the two. "Wow! You two stopped that wave of hissatsu shoots without even a flinch! You're amazing goalkeepers!"