Confessions

It was dusk after the standard soccer practice at school, and now we were at the Steel Tower Plaza, and obviously, doing special training, courtesy of Endou the soccer baka. And for once I agree with Kidou.  That Endou is an idiot. Why, you ask? Because the guy tried to hold up what came his way but got crushed by the three tires that used to be held by a rope suspending it from the trees until Phoenix Feather burned it. And he fricking fainted.

        Yes, you heard right. Endou, the biggest blockhead in the history of mankind, no, of all things living or not, fainted.

        Aki and Natsumi who were watching our training from the side gasped. "I'm...okay..." stuttered Endou as he put a hand up, then collapsed all over again. "Let's get him to Rai Rai Ken!" Kidou shouted, trying to calm everyone else's panic as he and Gouenji started lifting off the tires. Natsumi and Aki dragged the boy out, and I supported him on my shoulder.

        Kidou quickly dropped the tire he had been carrying with Gouenji and rushed over to me. "Let me," he said, then without even giving me time to reply, he lifted Endou's arm off my shoulders and placed them on his own. What was that all about?

        "Yo, somebody?" Gouenji asked impatiently. That was when I finally realized that by coming over to help me, Kidou had dropped the tire, thus making it fall onto Gouenji's foot. And it was still crushed under the gigantic tire.

        "On the count of three," I said, getting a grip on the side that Kidou had left. Gouenji took the other. From my peripheral vision, it looked like Kidou was frowning. But I quickly dismissed the thought, it must have just been the angle. Anyway, there wasn't anything to hate about this. Right?

        We finally lugged it off and tossed it in the pile along with the other two tires, and the five us us dragged a limp possibly dead Endou to the ramen shop that I often went to with Azami nee-san before she... Nevermind.

        "Kantoku! Some ice please!" Natusmi shouted into the shop. Wait, did I just hear her say "kantoku"? When I finally got a clear view of the shop, I did a double take. The man at the counter was indeed, our coach. And now that I look carefully, there was a lot of resemblence to the man who used to serve me and Azami noodles back when I was seven. It must have been the glasses, or else I would've definitely remembered.

        As Hibiki-kantoku lectured Endou and the brunette goalkeeper grumbled, the door suddenly slid open, revealing a familiar face.

        "Detective!" Endou exclaimed. I jerked my head to him. "You know him too?" I asked Endou. He nodded. "Detective-san has helped us a lot with finding out the truth behind Kageyama."

        "Long time no see, Sakurai-kun. I didn't know I would see you here. It seems you got yourself caught in another case?" Onigawara asked. 

        "Another case?" I repeated, "What do you mean?"

        "Well, we have another right now which I'm here for...and there's the first two..." he said, counting off his fingers, but I cut in before he could say anything else. "The first one wasn't my fault," I said quickly. He looked at me directly in the eye now, making me shiver "Ah yes, but the Inoue Shizuro disappearance was." "You forgot the car crash that killed the suicidal boy, sent one young girls into a coma, and killed a family of three," I blurted.

        "That is what I'm here for today, actually," he turned back to Hibiki, "I've got more reports on Kageyama, and one of them involves the car crash. And Yuuka."

        Next to me, Gouenji shivered. Yuuka, that name stuck a hollow chord in my heart. She was like a little sister to me, I wonder how she was doing right now.