Pomegranate Eyes

Aahhh!!!!! Thanks for the 1000+ views, minna! Please continue to support me and this story!

        I was dreading this second when the tire screeched to a stop, meaning that we had arrived at the Kidou resident. Batora came out and opened the door for me. "Now go. And good luck!" Natsumi called after me as she pushed me out. Then as soon as I was out the car, she pulled it back close with a slam  and Batora, who had gotten back int othe driver's seat, started the engine.

        "Hey, wait-," I was cut off as they drove away. What was Natsumi thinking? Now I would have no way to get home but to walk, which was very far since I lived in the city while his house was in the suburbs, or to....suddenly, the realization dawned on me. Natsumi had planned all this to ensure I wouldn't chicken out. I would be forced to ask Kidou for a ride home, which meant that first I had to get on good terms with him again. I expected nothing less of the chairman's daughter, but this masterplan was truly admirable. If I wasn't the one that had to do it, that is.

        But I had no other choice, since now I really needed to get home before the sun sets. I shudder at the thought of running into Tobi the Kicker and his gang again. I would have no soccer ball for self defense this time, and who knows what they will do to me after what I did to them. I shut the grotesque image of them lying in unnatural angles on the ground out of my head and walked up to the gate of the Kidou resident.

        "Yes?" a girl's voice greeted me after she answered my knock. She was a girl about an year or two older than me with wavy hair tied in pigtails Hatsune Miku style which reached her waist. She wore a crisp white blouse with a black tie,a pleated high waisted salmon skirt, and black pantyhose. Since I knew that the Kidou family was rich, this was probably one of their maids. The poor girl, I feel sorry for her.

        "Um..." she said nervously, eyeing me up and down. I realized that I didn't answer her first question. "Uh..." I replied, trying to stall so that I could come up with an excuse. Looking at me for one more second, she squinted her eyes. "You aren't trying to sell us something, right? If yes, then we aren't interested." She started closing the door. "Wait!" I cried, "I'm here to...uh...give Kidou his science book! He left it at school." The girl opened the door again, and I knew she was trying to figure out whether I was lying or not. Finally, she told me, "You can give me the book, and I will take it to young master Yuuto."

        No! That would wreck the whole plan! I needed to talk to Kidou face to face. "Um, it would be better if I take it to him myself?" I asked, realizing that my sentence sounded too much like a question, making me seem more suspiscious than I already was. I thought she was going to slam the door in my face, but she said, "Fine, follow me. You have exactly five minutes to get out of this house though. Master Kidou doesn't like people he doesn't know to be in this house when he isn't home." Then she turned snootily on her heels and marched down the hall. Stunned, I stood there like an idiot, then finally realized that I had been allowed in. "Arigatou gozaimasu!" I exclaimed, then rushed to catch up to the girl.

        "Yuuto-chama! One of your classmates brought your science book! She said she's here to see you!" she knocked on his closed door and shouted in a cutesy high pitch voice that was obviously faked. I silently rolled my eyes at how two faced she was.

        "Leave it on the counter," came Kidou's voice from inside. He sounded sad and depressed, totally unlike his usual appearance. The girl turned to me. "Give me the book and leave," she whispered quietly enough so that Kidou couldn't hear us from inside the room, but that I could still hear the firmness of her voice. "I need to talk to him," I said, trying to make my voice sound smooth despite being slightly scared of her pushy attitude. "He hadn't came out of his room since he came home today. Now I'm going to tell you one last time. You're leaving. This house. Now," she hissed, drawing out every word, reminding me of a snake. I shivered. But I had to do this, even if I was faced with a snake.