To Ruins the World Will Fall, and We Shall Stand

When Zeus got serious, you have to believe me when I say that they were like real gods angry at the earth. No, they were real gods angry at the earth. Dash Storm, Heaven's Time, and Mega Quake attacked us repetitively, and soon we were all collapsed on the ground. My ankle felt slight pain from when their defender threw us up through the rocks of his hissatsu, but I would hold on. I have to hold on and get back points.

The two forwards continued to shoot at Endou, until he was barely standing. "My, I wonder how far your determination will go before you learn to give up," Aphrodi mused. The ball rolled under Eris's foot. "You know," the ice silver haired female said to Endou, "People like you interest me. You're a lot like me, did you realize? You don't die even though you're supposed to. You don't fall when you're supposed to. You don't give up when there's no chance of winning. But...there can only be one of us that's left, pity." Then her face twisted into an insane grin. "Too bad, that will be me!"

She kicked the ball up, then did a pique turn with the same timing as Aphrodi as they jumped up together and clasped hands. "Pas de Deux Remastered!" the two shouted together.

This time though, I don't know what overcame Endou. Perhaps it was like whenever I became Inoue Shizuro, he became an all new person. His eyes shone as hard as steel, and then he reached his hand up. "Majin the Hand!" he shouted. It almost looked like he was going to deflect the shoot, but then the golden glow around him faded, and the ball went into the net.

Right after the ball rolled out though, something very strange happened. Aphrodi kicked the ball out of the boundaries, and all of Zeus retired off the field towards the cart from the beginning of the game, only with the cups refilled now. Water break? Another ritual? I also saw Poseidon popping a mint, but quickly overlooked it. Who cares what his breath smell like, I had more important matters at hand. Like our team's condition right now, for example, and how we were being overpowered.

"It looks like Zeus is taking a relaxing water break," Kakuma observed. A small gesture from our side caught my attention. It was the managers talking amongst themselves, then Natsumi gestured to the other two and they disappeared down a hall into the building. First a group water break, now a group bathroom trip? I mean, I knew that girls went to the bathroom in groups though I had no idea why (boys bathroom, remember? Inoue Shizuro doesn't go into the girl's bathroom, it'll taint "his" picture). Anyway, back to topic. That is....beyond weird, is all I can say.

The boys eventually got back onto the field and resumed the game. More minutes passed. More bodies thrown across the field. It was like a beginner juggler trying to use eight balls at once, only we were the balls, and they were doing it on purpose.

I layed on the ground, not knowing if I was even conscious. Was I being taken to heaven? My soul felt like it was slipping away. My eyes started to close too, and my body relaxed.

"They're at their limit. Referee," Aphrodi said calmly. The only thing I could think about was that at least he had the kindness to spare us. The referee looked around fearfully at the half dead bodies sprawled on the ground. He raised his arm, "As the players are unable to continue this match, this game will go to Zeus-"

He was interrupted by a certain brunette with a tattered orange headband. "Wait!" he said shakily. All eyes turned toward Endou. Even I managed to lift my head to see.

"But with only you..."

From behind me another voice piped up, one I recognized dearly. "It isn't just him," the flame striker said, climbing up too. "That's right," Kidou declared. Before I knew it, I clambered up and said, "I used to think that to destroy the other team automatically makes you the winner, but now..." I winced in pain from my ankle but bit it down and looked at Aphrodi, who raised his eyebrows, "As long as we don't give in and the ending whistle doesn't sound, you're not the victor yet."