Teikoku's Soccer

Rumble rumble. It was the day of the match, and we were finally here. The bus skidded to a stop, and boys in uniforms and matching caps ran out and lined up. Then a red carpet rolled out. Teikoku was here.

        Kidou walked out with me a step behind, followed by the rest of Teikoku. This "Raimon" really was a small school. I heard rumors that Teikoku destroyed any school they defeated. If that was true, then this supposingly weak team of Raimon's was going to be blamed for the destruction of their school. Well, I guess it can't be helped. But I was still slightly excited for the match since it had been so long since I had been at a soccer game in person.

        We stopped in front of the group of boys that I guess was Raimon's soccer team. Their captain was wait, I know him! He was the baka brickhead I had met at the Steel Tower Plaza. He must have recognized me too, for his face looked shocked and taken back. If this was their captain, then the rest of the team must be even worse. I pitied the school a little, but then brushed the thought aside. But I was a little interested to see how the brickhead will attempt to defeat Teikoku.

        "Kidou-san, why are we playing against this kind of team?" asked Henmi, "I don't think they'll improve our skill." I was wondering the same thing.

        "We might be able to see something interesting here," Kidou said in an amused grin. Something interesting? What could a weak team like this be "interesting" to Kidou? As if reading my mind, Henmi asked, "Something interesting?" "Yeah," replied Kidou mysteriously, "Look foward to it." Oh you bet I will.

        The brown haired boy with the orange headband ran up to us. "I'm the captain of Raimon's Soccer Club, Endou Mamoru," he greeted. Ah, so that was his name. He continued, "Thank you for asking for a practice match against us." Endou reached out his hand to shake Kidou's but Kidou kept his arms crossed and said, "This is our first time on the field. Mind letting us warm up first?" Endou looked like he didn't know how to respond, and finally said, "Sure, go ahead." What was Kidou planning? Kidou of all people should know that you don't reveal your moves to your opponent before the match.

        Endou brought his team off the field, and the members of Teikoku scattered over it. I walked over to where a green haired girl who must be the manager of Raimon was sitting. I then stood next to her and patiently watched our players display their moves while trying to figure out what Kidou had in mind.

        Well soon I had my answer. I saw the members of Raimon whisper nervously with each other, and a few even shuddered. "We're playing against guys like him?" a pink haired boy asked with fear in his voice after seeing one of our member's shoot. So Kidou wanted to psych the opponent out. But what was the point in it? Teikoku could already easily defeat Raimon, so why make it worse for them?

        Then Kidou snapped his fingers, and Jimon kicked a soccer ball at Henmi, who passed it to Kidou, who then finally shot it with an easy punt at Endou. Caught by surprise, Endou reacted just in time to stop the shoot. Truthfully, I wouldn't call that a "shoot" but I could tell that it was Endou's limit. Endou stared at his hands in horror, but then shouted passionately, "Now it's getting interesting! I'm fired up!"

        "Wait," said one of Raimon's members, a fat green haired boy, "I need to use the toilet!" Then he ran off to who knows where. "What are you going to do? Even with that guy, you only have ten members," asked Kidou, stiffling a laugh. I could tell that the rest of Teikoku was also trying not to break out into laughter. Was this what Kidou meant by something interesting?

        I giggled quietly on the side, and the green haired manager stnading next to me shot me a dirty look. "Don't laugh at Raimon," she hissed angrily. This only made me want to laugh more. She thought they were so strong, and boy was she about to face a big disapointment when Teikoku squashes them.