A Heck Of A Mess

This is a filler which I wanted to scrap but DragonessKunoichi, MaJoseRuiz, and LilySakuraMoon requested it so here it is. Please wait for me a bit but the next chapter posted will most likely (unless I break my promise, which I shamefully admit I often do) be the Zeus match part one.

After we ate our meal, Hibiki-kantoku revealed that he had brought the old Inazuma Eleven along, which surprised me and the rest of Raimon. We're we going to play them? I don't want to be responsible for broken bones, and I'm pretty sure neither does anyone else. Except Kidou. From what I know from his soccer style, he likes breaking people. And he's rich enough to pay for the medical care after too. Me? Well, I can afford it, but I prefer not to add anymore to my list of bad stuff where I've done plenty of already.

Then it got even weirder. Three of the old Inazuma Eleven members exchanged grins as their eyes twinkled with mischief and the sweet taste of a shared secret among best friends. "Hey, Hibiki, we brought that thing along," one of them said as he winked at Hibiki. Not in that way so don't get the wrong idea. Plus, they're fifty something year old men who are married, so thats just disturbing don't mention it.

Kantoku looked shocked, so I assume that he knows what whatever "that thing" is, but either thinks its dangerous or he didn't know that they still have it. It turned out to be the latter.

When we entered the Inabikari Training Center, the first thing that caught my eye was as we were led into a room I never knew existed in the training center was a big machine made of wood and metal. It sort of looked like a machine used to make mochi combined with a night market stand. On it was a conveyer belt with obstacles scattered across its length. On the walls of the machine were wheels with handles which I assume will be turned to operate "this thing". Overall, it looked very old and dusty and some the wheels looked so rusty that they would be unable to budge.

Haruna was the first to speak after a wave of "whoa" rippled through the current Raimon players. "What is this thing?" she asked. "We made this 40 years ago to train for Majin the Hand," the tallest guy replied. Then the shorter one who was, shall we say, slightly pudgier, continued, "You know how Majin the Hand focuses on the navel and tailbone, right? So we all pitched in and made this in aid to master that." "Sure bring backs memories, huh? I still remember we used to sleep over all the time," the last one of the three said, Hibiki nodding in verification.

"So did you complete it?" Endou asked enthusiastically. "Nope, we were very close," tallest of the three replied bluntly. "So, if we use this machine, we might be able to..." Ichinose exclaimed. "Yeah!" our never pessimistic captain shouted. Hibiki just shook his head at their reactions. "Fine, you may use it," he said in a tired voice, though I could detect a smile of pride underneath. Endou didn't even wait for him to finish the sentence before he hopped onto the conveyer belt.

Someoka, Kidou, Gouenji, and Ichinose, the "stronger" boys, took the wheels. I obviously wasn't chosen for the task. After ten seconds, Endou finally noticed that the belt was nowhere near moving. "Huh?" he asked. "Well...," Someoka said sheepishly, "It's stuck." Well, I figured. It was a 40 year old machine after all. Handmade too, so they probably didn't get professional care for it.

As the old Raimon members greased the wheels, the shortest Raimon member came up to me and Kazemaru. I didn't notice until he tapped me on my shoulder, in which I turned around to come face to face with that cheshire cat grin. "I heard you guys are mastering jumping, rotation control, and stamina?" "How did you know?" I blurted before Kazemaru could say anything. "Hibiki told us," he answered, not at all offended by my accidental rude reply. Kazemaru looked at me with wary eyes. "No not that. How did you know I was trying to improve my stamina?" I demanded. The poor teal haired boy just gave up and facepalmed. "I see you run around town after practice a lot. You circle around to the back of Toranoya where you pick up a soccer ball, then you dribble it around the streets and drop it off back there. No one does that unless they are trying to improve their stamina."