Why Did You Leave, Inoue?

This chapter will be VERY SHORT since I am trying to squeeze in one more chapter before school starts (nooooooooooo!!!!). As you can kind of tell, I'm altering between serious/mystery (Shizumi's secret) and romance scenes. This one is not exactly any of the two, but I guess you can count it as part of the Shizumi's Secret puzzle.

Gouenji's POV      

        Inoue, why? I have so many questions to ask you, yet you seem to want to keep your existence a secret. I know you miss me too, that ruby red eye of yours never lie. When it held onto mine, I felt as if we were the only ones in this world. A feeling I missed. The world used to revolve around us, since we were the truimph cards who brought us victory every time. But we were truly as one when we used Phoenix Feather, the strongest hissatsu the Football Frontier has seen before. It was a move that only we could use, a combination of our signature moves, your Kuroi Hane Taifuu and my Fire Tornado.

        You were my best friend. Why did you leave? And why did you lie to us?

        I still remember when we used to hang out on the roof of the school together. You always said that was your favorite spot. You said you could see the whole world like that, and the sky above us made us all the same, a united force like us. Back then I had no idea why you said those words. You were the only person who could match up to me in soccer, so why would you need the feeling of belonging when you were better than everyone else?

        Now that I joined Raimon, I understand. Everyone must work together, it doesn't matter if you were the bench warmer or the ace striker. A team must win together, as a united force. If someone was out of place, than the whole team crumbles. Was that why you tricked us? Did you want to be part of the team?

        I'm sure someday you'll tell me why you lied to us and left. But until that day, I won't forget you. I wish we could play soccer together again like we used to, and use Phoenix Feather together again. I miss you Inoue.

This chapter revealed A LOT. It's just Gouenji's thoughts. Wahh, school starts tomorrow so updates are gonna be a lot slower now :(