twenty. losing my mind

Eviana had a dream

Eviana had a dream. It was a nice dream. Everything was perfect. Nobody was after Pacho, she could walk around the city freely, Mateo was the happiest he has ever been. Everything was just too perfect. She knew it was too good to be true, but she liked it. That very morning she woke up, She couldn't get Steve out of her mind. She asked the maids if the phone had rang, but they said no.

"You worry too much." Pacho told her all day. "He's okay, I'm sure."

Eviana spent the whole day playing with Mateo in the gardens. She had a blanket set out with a few of Mateo's toys spread out and a cut up fruits in a bowl for Mateo. Judy Moncada was still visiting while Mateo and Eviana were outside. She overheard her and the godfathers talk about the Moncada labs where a few of Escobar's men were working in.

She didn't ask Pacho about it, she preferred not to know anymore. Steve would probably tell her whenever they would speak again, she thought. Whenever that would be.

"Here, my beautiful boy." She handed Mateo his toy soldier that Chepe bought him. Mateo grabbed the toy soldier and immediately tried to put the plastic in his mouth. "Really? We're doing that again?" Eviana chuckled, taking the toy from Mateo's hands and waving it in front of him. "Did you like Steve? He was the guy with the pretty hair and cute eyes. He told me he liked meeting you."

Mateo blinked at her.

"Yeah, you don't know what I'm saying, I'll stop." Eviana pressed a kiss to Mateo's forehead. She looked at the flowers that were planted around them. "He cares so much about you. He cares like I do." Mateo threw his little hands in the air when he saw a butterfly flying around them. He tried his best to grab the blue butterfly, but failed, each time hitting his mom by accident.

"That wasn't very nice." Eviana pretended to cry. She covered her eyes and let out fake cries while Mateo put his tiny hands overs hers. "Meanie." She grabbed his hands and held them up to her lips, pressing small kisses to them. "I love you, I love you, I love you." She repeated as she kissed them.

From the balcony of his house, Pacho looked at his sister and nephew with pure adoration. It was the best thing to see his sister being the happiest version of herself with her son. He wished the moment could last forever. But all good things must come to an end. He hoped Miguel would accept Mateo. The baby was already loved by many people. When would Miguel finally meet his son face to face? It was still a mystery to both siblings.

As time when on, Mateo showed similarities to his dad. The eyes, the mouth shape and if that wasn't enough, Mateo looked exactly the same as Miguel when he was a baby. It was crazy to think about. Eviana knew that Miguel would definitely love Mateo to death.

🦋

It was late at night in the office for Steve Murphy.

The only light source coming from the lamp on his desk. He practically drank almost an entire bottle of whatever was available in the office, in this case, a bottle of whiskey he had found. He poured himself another drink. As he reached for his glass of whiskey, he decided against it and reached for the phone instead. He put the phone against his ear and dialed the familiar phone number.

Eviana turned to her side and rubbed her tired eyes. The ringing phone interrupted her slumber. None of the maids were up, some had left the house. Pacho was most definitely not going to get up and answer it so that left Eviana to answer it. She reached for the string to turn on the lamp on her bedside table and hissed when the light illuminated her bedroom. She got up from her bed, putting on her slippers and walked to the living room to retrieve the ringing phone.

"Hello?" She answered with a tired voice while rubbing her eyes. No one answered. "Hello?" Still no answer. Something in her mind clicked. The only person she could think of that would call at this hour was Steve. She had another option, but she went with the first one. "Steve?"

"Hey, Evi." He said almost in a whisper like manner.

"Are you okay?" She was now fully awake. "Do you know what time it is?" She asked, getting worried by the second.

"Uh. . . It's late." Steve said. He could practically see Eviana rolling her eyes. "I just need to hear your voice."

Eviana could tell something wasn't right. He was acting different. His voice sounded drunk. She came to the conclusion that he had been drinking. She hoped he would make it home safely.

"I wanted to call, I did. I thought you were mad at me." Eviana softly spoke.

"It's okay. I could never be mad at you. Never. I'm sorry for not calling. I— I'm so sorry." Now, Steve was definitely making her more worried as he went on.

"Steve, what happened? Tell me you're okay."

"I'm good, baby. I'm. . . Don't worry." He cleared his throat. He didn't want to worry her, but he failed at doing so. They remained quiet, but Eviana could tell that Steve wasn't as good as he said he is. The silence was interrupted by Mateo's cries for his mom. Steve heard them clearly over the phone and let out a small chuckle. He missed Mateo dearly. He imagined him crawling over the floor while Eviana tried to get him to stay put. That brought a smile to Steve's face.

"You have to go." He said, a small smile forming on his lips. He wished she didn't have to go, but Mateo needed his mom. He needed her, but Mateo needed her more.

Eviana sighed lowly. She wanted Steve to be with her so she could tell him that it was going to be okay. He sounded like he needed some reassurance and it pained her that she wasn't there to help him. "Let's talk tomorrow, okay?"

Steve nodded. "Yeah. Yeah, I'd like that." His smile turned into nothing as he continued to hear Mateo's cries. He would do anything just to hold the boy in his arms at the moment. "Good night." He said, not wanting to hang up, but had to do it anyway. He felt like he was losing his mind.

"Good night, Steve. Stay safe, please, for me?"

"Always." He calmly said before hanging up the phone. He looked down at the glass of whiskey, then drank the last bit of it and placing it back down. He grabbed his still lit cigarette and brought it up to his lips. The thought of Eviana Herrera still on his mind.

An: another update for ya

you would think that this episode ends with steve being his sad traumatized self because he witnessed Carrillo throw two men off of a helicopter to their deaths BUT NO it ends with javi railing some girl for like twenty seconds then it goes back to steve drinking and it ends. . . narcos is wildin i love it

also i wish i could hug both narcos steve and real life steve but oh my gOD narcos steve breaks my heart i love my reckless traumatized blonde man with anger issues