fifty nine. reckless

"You don't think he went to Mexico to visit his dad, do you?"

Javi's question made Steve speed up his driving. Of course Mateo would do something like that. All Steve wanted was his son to be safe and being in a prison in another country wasn't exactly the safest thing on earth.

"Slow down! Eviana is counting on us to bring her son back and we can't do that if your reckless ass is going to drive us off highway!" Javier shouted.

Steve Murphy would do anything for his two children and his wife. Knowing him, he would probably go to jail again for them. Even if Mateo didn't quite like him, Steve didn't care. Mateo was his son and he would protect him until his last breath.

It took hours just to get to Laredo, but with Steve's driving, they got there in time. Steve Murphy didn't know Walt Breslin, but Walt Breslin sure knew about Steve Murphy. He was the talk of almost every graduating class of the DEA. He was the agent that fell in love with the narco's sister. Who wouldn't talk about that?

"Listen, Murphy, we have to be careful about this. We don't know this guy." Javi told the blonde man, but Steve was too focused on beating the shit out of Walt.

"I know he took my son to Mexico." Steve angrily said as he marched up the steps to Walt's front door. He then pounded his fist on the door until someone opened it, that someone being a redheaded woman.

"What's wrong with you people?!" She yelled as Steve pushed past her in search of Walt. "What the fuck?!"

"So so sorry about him. I'm Javier Peña," Javi approached the confused woman and shook her hand. "And you are?"

"Mommy!" A young girl's voice was heard.

The woman scoffed and ran to her daughter. Javi nodded and entered the home, hoping Steve didn't kill anybody yet.

Javi then walked into an office where Steve was almost about to kill Walt. "Hey, hey, man. He has a kid." Javi whispered, then stepped in between the two men.

"Thanks." Walt said to Javi as Steve let him go.

"Shut up." Javi replied.

"Where's Mateo?" Steve asked.

"You could've started with that," Walt said. "Relax, I wouldn't put him in a dangerous position. The kid came to me, he asked about his dad. His real dad."

Steve lightly scoffed. "You're lucky the kid's uncle isn't here. He would've done alot more damage than me. Or his own mother. Never get that woman mad."

"Okay, calm down. Go sit over there," Javi pointed to an empty chair near the wall. When Steve didn't move, Javi pushed him lightly towards the chair. "Murphy, go." That's when Steve took Javi's orders and walked to the empty chair.

"You're telling me that's the guy that took down Escobar? Didn't he get arrested at the airport once?"

"Yeah, look that wasn't his brightest moment, but listen. We just need the kid back and we'll be on our way. Just tell us what prison and we'll pick him up. We don't want any problems." Javi said in a low voice to Walt.

"You ain't getting past the gate without me. I'm your ticket in, Javier. Plus, I'm supposed to be there to pick him up in an hour. Miguel Ángel's time with his son is up."

Sad, but true. Only, Miguel and Mateo didn't have a clue that their time was running out.

"I promised my wife I would bring back our son. If we need you then get moving. I don't want Eviana to wait any longer." Steve stood up from the chair and walked out of the office angrily.

"How do you deal with this guy?"

"Lots of beer. I've turned into an alcoholic." Javi replied.

"I'm going, but let me talk to my wife. You two scared my daughter." Walt said.

"Sorry about that. He's just—"

"I get it, Javier, he's just trying to get his son back. The way Mateo talked about Miguel is what made me take him to see his dad otherwise I would've sent him back home. I don't know if you know this, but Miguel Ángel is dying. This could be Mateo's last time seeing him alive." Walt explained.

"I'm sure Eviana doesn't know that either."

"She doesn't. Mateo told me she turns off the tv when narco related stories come up," Walt replied. "I'll meet you two outside. I have to talk to my family."

Javi nodded and stayed behind in Walt's office. He looked at Walt's desk and saw a family photo. Javier Peña never would openly admit it, but the idea of settling down and having a family excited him. He just hasn't found the right person. He felt a bit jealous of Steve with his perfect little family. But realized that he was always part of their family, that's what they always told him anyways.

Javi left the office and joined Steve outside, who was already in the driver's seat. He wasn't going through the reckless driving again so he kicked Steve out the driver's seat.

"Where is he?" Steve asked irritated.

"Talking with his wife. You kinda broke in so you spooked their kid. Congrats, Murphy, a kid hates your guts." Javi spoke.

"Shut up, Javi."

an: walt slander walt slander walt slander

also FINALLY next chapter will officially be the last