forty four. it's not the same anymore

Helena's funeral was beautiful

Helena's funeral was beautiful. It was at her family farm. Helena had grown up there as a kid. That's where her parents had died together one night. Helena's daughter, Violeta, was going to be taken care of by her aunt. Eviana made sure to give Violeta and her aunt all the money Helena had earned while working with the Herrera's. Eviana even offered to pay for Violeta's education.

Eviana couldn't say goodbye to Helena. It was too painful. Helena had taught her many things. Eviana did say goodbye eventually. Her day was filled with tears, memories and the sweet melody of Helena's favorite Ritchie Valens song 'Donna'. She would dance with Mateo to that song, even sing it to him to get him to fall asleep.

Alot had happen in the days that passed. Miguel was almost caught by the DEA, Chepe and Pacho were back for good, planning their revenge on the North Valley Cartel, and Jorge Salcedo was working with the Americans to get his family out of Colombia and to the states safely.

Eviana was currently in the backyard, watching Navegante play ball with Mateo. She sat in the patio chair, not knowing Pacho was behind her leaning against the doorframe.

"He's good with kids, isn't he?" Pacho's voice startled Eviana. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you."

Eviana turned around to face her brother. "No, you're fine. I'm fine. I don't know why I get jumpy. I've heard guns being fired way too often, I should be used to it by now."

Pacho grabbed another patio chair and placed it beside Eviana then sat on it. "But you're not,"

"Thanks for the observation," said Eviana with a small smile forming on her lips. "How's Alvaro? Guess we won't be hearing from his kids soon."

"He's still Alvaro," Pacho chuckled.

"That's terrible, hope he gets better soon." Eviana replied.

"How's Steve?" Pacho questioned, which caught her off guard. She hadn't spoken to Steve in months. He probably already married some rich girl from the states and forgot all about her. If that was the case then Eviana was happy for him. He deserved to be happy.

"I don't know," Eviana turned her attention to Navegante and Mateo. "He hasn't called me, I haven't called him, we hate each other I guess."

"I doubt it. He cares about you way too much. I could tell. He's a good man," Pacho got out his cigarette and lighter.

The siblings remained silent for a moment. It was a nice type of quiet that was broken by Eviana's voice.

"I want the North Valley fuckers to die," she said with no emotion.

"Just like that?" Pacho exhaled, smoke coming out his mouth.

"Yeah, they murdered my son's godmother, of course I want them to die. Helena didn't deserve it and you know it. She was an innocent woman who did nothing wrong!" Eviana raised her voice, getting the attention of Mateo and Navegante. Pacho noticed his nephew had stopped trying to kick the ball, so he nodded to Navegante to take Mateo further away from them so they could talk more privately. Navegante nodded back and took the boy to the back of the garden to continue playing ball.

"Did you tell her she was Mateo's godmother?" Pacho asked.

Eviana shook her head. "I didn't have to, she knew," Eviana sat up. "I need to know that the North Valley rats are rotting for what they did."

"And we'll make them pay, but right now isn't the time. Miguel almost got caught, soon, they'll come looking for Chepe and . . . me," Pacho said quietly. "I promise the North Valley Cartel will pay for what they did to our family, but we have to wait."

Eviana scoffed, getting up from her seat. "I don't know how much longer I can wait."

An: smaller chapter but besties we're almost at the end and i can't wait <3