thirty seven. money problems

Eviana was stuck in the house

Eviana was stuck in the house. Pacho had given orders to his sicarios to not leave his sister's side while he was gone and that's exactly what they did. She felt trapped. Navegante held Mateo in his arms as Eviana put down her magazine.

"I just need to talk to Gilberto," said Eviana, once again. She had been begging Navegante to take her to Gilberto's place so she could have a friendly chat with him. Each time she asked, Navegante refused.

Navegante bounced the boy in his arms. "I can't, Evi, I have orders to follow."

"Please, Navegante, I just need to talk to Gilberto or even Miguel." Eviana pleaded.

"Sorry, I can't," Navegante frowned and left the living room with Mateo to get a snack at the kitchen. "And I don't know where Gilberto is anyway."

Eviana threw her magazine to the floor in frustration. It was hopeless talking to loyal sicarios. But then she thought of someone who wasn't as tough as her brother's sicarios that could give her the location of Gilberto Rodriguez.

Their account, Guillermo Pallomari.

While Navegante had his back turned to Eviana, distracted by Mateo, Eviana quietly made her way to the giant double doors, slowly closing the doors so she wouldn't make noise. Sicarios were posted outside with guns in their hands, securing the house. Eviana quietly walked towards her car, avoiding eye contact with the sicarios, who looked at her confused. One of them had walked up to her before she could get into her car.

"Pacho told us not to let you go anywhere," the sicario told her, standing in front of the car door.

"Yeah, well, Pacho says alot of things. And I just spoke on the phone with him and he gave me permission to go out right now." Eviana smiled innocently at the sicario, who was not fully convinced. "Listen, Pacho gave me permission, you should listen. All right? He's your boss after all."

It didn't feel right using the boss card on the sicarios to Eviana, but she had to do it. The sicario sighed in defeat and stepped aside, opening the door for her to get in.

"Thanks, I'll be back before you know it." Eviana grabbed her sunglasses from her seat and placed them on her face. She drove off in search of Guillermo Pallomari, who most likely knew the location of Gilberto Rodriguez.

🦋

Eviana found Pallomari's office building. Thankfully, she knew what floor he worked on. Once she entered the building's main floor, she ignored the guy at the front desk telling her he had to call someone to let them know she was here.

She bolted to the elevator doors and pressed the top floor button. In her head, she started to debate what she was going to say to Pallomari first. Once the elevator doors opened, Eviana saw people dressed in suits working on the computers. She walked up to the first desk she saw and asked a woman where Pallomari was.