forty three. revenge

Eviana heard it clearly

Eviana heard it clearly. She knew something was going to happen, and still, she didn't tell anyone. After the first shot, Eviana opened her eyes, shocked to hear a gun go off. But then she heard Helena scream. She quickly threw the covers off of her body and put on her boots. She raced to her door, but saw no one, but she could still hear gun shots.

Then, it was like her whole world came crashing down. She heard more of Helena's scream. Eviana gasped. Mateo.

Without hesitation, she ran down the stairs, calling out her son's name. She saw several bodies from both Cali and the North Valley cartel on the ground, blood pouring from their wounds. Eviana ran into the second living room, where she found Helena hiding behind a couch. Eviana ran towards her, hugging her tightly.

"Helena, where's my son? Where is he? Where's my son!?" Eviana couldn't breathe. She was going crazy not knowing where Mateo was.

Both women screamed when a gunshot was fired at them. They both ducked, Helena wrapping her arms protectively around Eviana's body.

"Found the bitch," a North Valley sicario laughed. He walked towards the couch both women were hiding behind and pointed his gun at them. "Hi, ladies."

Eviana glared at the sicario, holding one of Helena's hands. She remembered what her dad told her many years ago.

"You have to defend yourself because one day Pacho isn't going to be there to protect you. You're going to be alone and then what are you going to do?"

"Get up!" The sicario told them. "Now!" He demanded.

Eviana slowly rose to her feet with Helena, still holding the older woman's hand. The sicario forced them out the living room and directed them to the main living room where the bodies of several sicarios layed. Eviana's breath hitched when she saw her son's two toy cars on the ground. All she wanted was to know where her son was.

"This is for the North Valley," the sicario held up his gun to the woman's head and pulled the trigger. A loud yell was heard, followed by the drop of a body.

Helena's body fell rapidly. Eviana had no time to catch the already dead woman. A bit of Helena'a blood was splattered onto Eviana's face and clothes, but that didn't matter to Eviana. Helena was dead and she did nothing, that would forever haunt her.

"No, no," Eviana dropped to her knees, cradling Helena's face. Helena's eyes were still opened and all Eviana could do was stare at the lifeless woman she considered her mom.

"Weak." The North Valley sicario laughed. "I expected more from Pacho Herrera's sister and I got this? A weak woman?" The rest of his sicario friends laughed. With his boot, he kicked the back of her head, almost knocking her out.

Eviana closed her eyes, letting her tears stream down her face then opened her eyes. She looked to her right where a sicario was lying dead on his back. Just as she quickly grabbed the dead sicario's gun, she heard more gun shots being fired then the voice of her brother.

Eviana took ahold of the gun, turned around and shot the North Valley sicario in the neck, watching him fall to the ground.

"Evi!" Pacho called out, shooting at the remaining sicarios. When the last North Valley sicario was dead, Pacho saw the aftermath of the shootout. Helena was dead on the floor, Eviana had a gun pointed at the North Valley sicario who had kicked her. He watched as his sister threw the gun on the floor. The North Valley sicario struggled to form sentence as he held his bleeding neck.

Eviana didn't care how he died, all she wanted was for him to die. She walked closer to his head and as hard as she could, she stomped on his face. Once wasn't enough for her. She stomped several times, blood pouring out, some of it ending up on Eviana's boots. She continued her stomping until the sicario's face was unrecognizable.

"Motherfucker! Fucking shit! Piece of worthless-"

"Evi!" Pacho yelled at her causing her to stop.

Eviana looked at the man who killed her only mother figure. He was the reason Helena was dead. He was the reason Helena's daughter was motherless now. Eviana looked up at her brother. She looked around the room to see several bodies.

"Come here," said Pacho, holding his arms out towards her. She immediately broke down in his arms. He held her crying figure, looking down at Helena's body. "You're okay, I'm here."

Eviana lifted her head from his shoulder. "Pacho, I couldn't find my boy. I don't know if they took him or if he's dead! I can't find him."

Pacho knew where his nephew could be. They were the only two who knew about their little room. He kissed his sister's forehead. "Come on," he helped her walk to his room. He gently placed her on his bed while he went into the closet and knocked on the door of the secret room Mateo was in. Mateo opened the door and threw his arms around his uncle. "You're okay, Mateo. The bad men are gone."

Pacho walked out of the closet with Mateo in his arms. Eviana let out a cry when she saw that Mateo was safe. She ran to her brother and took her son into her arms. "My beautiful boy," Eviana kissed the side of Mateo's head repeatedly. "I'm so sorry. I'm sorry."

Pacho watched his sister reunite with her son. It warmed his heart. He was glad Mateo knew what to do. Pacho hadn't told Eviana about Alvaro since he figured she had enough to worry about. Alvaro was already recovering. Unlike the cute waiter boy Pacho had his eye on, who suffered the same fate as Helena.

"I'll start arranging Helena's funeral," Pacho said in a low voice. He walked towards the door, but was held back by Eviana's voice.

"I want to bury her in her family's farm. The one she told me about." Eviana said, holding Mateo close to her.

"Okay." Pacho nodded. He excused himself and left the room. Once he was in the main living room, he saw, once again, Helena's body. She was good to them, a woman who didn't deserve to die. She never did anything wrong. She always say thank you and please, went to church on sundays and sometimes during the week. There wasn't a bad bone in Helena's body and somehow she ended up lifeless.

An: ok i'm sorry for this one but it just needed to happen oops sorry besties