thirty eight. follow the money

MEXICO

Pacho kept staring at the young waiter boy, who would occasionally glance at Pacho back

Pacho kept staring at the young waiter boy, who would occasionally glance at Pacho back. While his brother was busy catching the attention of the waiter, Alvaro was enjoying his time with more drinks. He clearly enjoyed every second of it.

"Can you imagine if it was your life?" Alvaro asked his older brother. Alvaro looked at his brother. "What's on your mind?"

Pacho was going to be honest with his little brother. "Dad, and the last thing he said to me." Pacho kept looking straight at the view in front of him rather than looking at his brother.

"What? Get the fuck out?" Alvaro chuckled.

"No," said Pacho. He took a deep breath. "He said . . . that in this world . . . there was no place for a man like me. I made a place for myself. I proved him wrong. And now, I have to give it all up." He remained silent for a moment before speaking up once again. "What kind of man would i be if i gave it all up?"

"I don't know, brother, but what i do know is that you have a couple billion dollars . . ." Alvaro smirked. "and the rest of your life to figure it out."

Pacho was glad he would have loaf of money. Now that he was an uncle, he wanted the best for his nephew. He certainly wasn't going to leave his nephew on the streets. He had everything planned out for Mateo without Eviana even knowing.

He simply wanted the best life for Mateo even if it meant being separated from him.

🦋

P

allomari kept bugging Eviana with questions, mostly wanting to know why she wanted to speak with Gilberto. She was waiting with the accountant inside the office building waiting for one of the heads of security for the cartel, Carlo Cordova.

"Does he know you want to meet with him?" Pallomari asked the woman who looked irritated.

"Stop, I'm telling you this once and that's it, stop talking or I'll run you over." Eviana said, not bothering to look at Pallomari's reaction. He stayed silent.

Eviana let out a sigh of relief when she saw Cordova approach the building. The head of security walked to Pallomari. "Is that the paperwork I'm supposed to deliver?"

P

allomari suddenly held the leather briefcase protectively. "These documents are very delicate. And I don't feel comfortable transferring possessions to anyone else."

Cordova understood. He nodded at the accountant. "Okay, let's go then," he looked over at the woman beside Pallomari. "Pallomari tells me you want to speak with Gilberto. I'm more than glad to take you there."

Eviana smiled at the man and followed him out the building along with Pallomari and his case of documents. When they got to Cordova's car, Pallomari tried to open the door, but it was locked. He watched as Cordova opened the door for Eviana and let her in the car through the back seat doors.

"Open the door for me, Cordova." Pallomari said.

"Go fuck yourself, Pallomari." Responded Cordova and saw that Pallomari wasn't moving. "What? The front seat!"

"What's wrong with you? Open the door! Fuck your mother!" Pallomari insulted.

Cordova scoffed and got inside the driver's side of the car. "In the front. I'm not your fucking employee."

Pallomari sighed and opened the passenger door then got inside. "Was that hard for you, genius?" Eviana smirked at him from the back seat.
Cordova turned the engine on.

From a distance, Chris Feistl and Daniel Van Ness watched the car from theirs. Van Ness had recognized Pallomari's accent and with the help of Feistl, they soon figured out that Pallomari could be extradited.

"Making friends everywhere he goes," Van Ness commented as he kept a close eye on the car.

"No shit," said Feistl.

As soon as Cordova's car started to move, the car with the two agents followed close behind. It was a silent drive inside Cordova's car. Eviana liked it if she was being honest. She wondered how Gilberto would react to her being at his house. Maybe he would kick her out or invite her in and give her a glass of wine? Either way, she wasn't going to leave until she talked to him.

"Look at this fucking neighborhood," Van Ness said to Feistl as he drove behind Cordova's car. "This guy's doing more than filling W-9's."

"Es el cabrón." Feistl grinned. "The fucking man."

Cordova pulled up to a very nice looking house with a brown gate. Van Ness parked his car farther away from the house, but close enough so that they could see inside. An hour went by and still nothing happened. Both agents passed the time by asking each other what they would do in life threatening situations. It worked somehow. Their conversation was cut short by the brown gate opening once again and Cordova's car going out.

From behind the car, Gilberto Rodriguez appeared with a small dog in his hands. He placed the dog on the floor.

Feistl tensed up when he saw the drug lord. "Dan," he nudged his partner's side to get his attention. Can Ness looked up and saw what was going on. Gilberto Rodriguez was casually enjoying a nice night out with his dog.
"Is that who I think it is?"

"Gilberto fucking Rodriguez." Van Ness confirmed.

Feistl took out the satellite phone and dialed his boss' number while glancing up to make sure Gilberto was still there. "Fuck. Oh, my fucking god. Okay." He pressed the phone up to his ear waiting for his boss to pick up.

Inside his office, Javier Peña was going through some papers after coming back from his unexpected trip to the jungle. After hearing the phone ring, he immediately picked it up. "Peña." He spoke into the phone.

"Boss, it's Feistl."

"Where the fuck have you been?" Javi asked.

"Sir, I got eyes on Gilberto Rodriguez." Feistl said, catching the attention of his boss.

"You're looking at him right now?"

"Yes," Feistl confirmed. "Just say the word and we can take him down. What's the move, boss?"

And with that, Javier Peña went to the one person he knew could take on the job. Javi knocked on the door, waiting for an answer. Once the door opened, Javi saw the face of Colonel Martinez.

"Sorry to interrupt," he said. "You want to go after Gilberto Rodriguez?"

An: debating whether to publish all the remaining chapters of season 3 all together or publish them one by one each day bc i already have it all planned out and maybe a certain brother by the name of pacho is gonna di3 🤷🏽‍♀️ who knows??? but dw more stepdad steve coming right up and maybe some tiny bits of 'uncle' javi

also i updated my miguel fic so go read that if ya want besties :) after this ends, I'll be updating fade into you more often i promise :)