twenty one. here with me

Eviana couldn't believe what she heard

Eviana couldn't believe what she heard. Colonel Carrillo had shot a kid in the head. Valeria Vélez released an interview with a little kid named David, who was a witness to Carrillo's crime. He told the reporter everything that he saw. Eviana felt bad for David, but felt even more bad when she realized that he could've been talked into joining Escobar's group of spotters.

In the evening, Steve called her. She was glad to hear his voice. She even held the phone to Mateo so Steve could hear the baby boy. Hearing Mateo laugh brought a giant smile to Steve's face. "He hasn't stopped being a happy baby since he woke up, right Mateo?" Eviana took back the phone.

"Maybe he knows he has the best mom in the world." Steve chuckled.

"You flatter me, Steve." Eviana blushed.

"It's true, Evi, you're the best mom on this planet, no wait, the whole universe. You would do anything for Mateo and it shows."

Mateo grabbed Eviana's bracelet that had small charms dangling and tired to stick them into his mouth. He had a habit of biting or sticking random objects in his mouth. Eviana groaned and put the phone down for a second. She adjusted Mateo in her lap and grabbed the toy keys he was previously playing with and gave them to him. She grabbed the phone again and held it up to her ear.

"Sorry, Mateo thought it was nice to mess with mom's things." Eviana apologized. "Steve, how are you? And I want you to tell me the truth, please."

She could hear Steve sigh heavily. He really couldn't lie to her even if he wanted.

"I'm getting better, Evi. I just want this to be over. I want you to be safe with Mateo. I'm going to be okay, I promise."

Eviana knew Steve was not okay, but he was definitely trying to get better. Yesterday's call was so depressing to hear. Steve Murphy needed Eviana Herrera.

"Miss Herrera, where do you want me to put these flowers?" Helena asked the woman. Another bouquet of fucking chocolate cosmos. It was getting old seeing them. Eviana signaled to throw them out so Helena did so.

"You gettin' flowers from a secret admirer?" Steve teased. He hoped she would say no.

"I don't have a secret admirer, no. I get flowers randomly from someone  I rather not talk about. Bury the past type of thing." She frowned. "Listen, Steve, I have to go, but please stay safe. It's getting more violent out there. I don't know if what Colonel Carrillo did is true, but just promise me that you'll be safe."

Steve mentally cursed. Practically everyone knew about the recent events with Carrillo. It was getting tough to trust the police these days.

"I promise, Evi."

After ending their phone call, Eviana asked Helena if she could take care of Mateo while she took a much needed shower. The older maid happily took the smiling boy into her arms and took him outside to the gardens. Before Eviana could go up to her room and take her shower, she went into the kitchen. The chocolate cosmos were in the trash can. She leaned against the wall, staring at the flowers with sadness. They were once her favorite flower, but now, she couldn't even look at one without thinking of what could've been.

🦋

Not even a day passed by and violence was going strong. This time, Colonel Carrillo was caught in the act of it. Maritza had been confronted by her friend, Jhon, who had been working as Escobar's personal driver. She acted as a cover up while the criminal was hidden in the trunk. But of course, not everything went as planned. La Quica wanted to kill Martiza, so she did was anyone would do in that situation. She contacted the police, in this case, she met up with Javier Peña.

She told Peña that she knew where and when Pablo Escobar would be so Javi put his trust in her. Everyone did. Crosby had told Messina that Steve and Javi weren't allowed to leave the base, so while Carrillo was gearing up to go catch Escobar, the two partners were stuck listening in on the radio.

It was all going fine. Trujillo was joking around with Steve, telling him that it was his turn to buy the drinks that night. All the joking came to an end when shots rang out. Steve and Javi heard yelling coming from Carrillo and Trujillo. The agents couldn't do anything, but listen as more and more shots were heard.

That was it. Colonel Horacio Carrillo was dead and everyone knew it. He had been killed by the same person he was trying to end.

While Steve attended the funeral, Javi stayed behind claiming that funerals weren't his thing. After the funeral, he went back to his apartment. He unlocked the door, blowing out smoke from his mouth as he closed the door and put the cigarette back on his lips.

He turned on the dining room light then walked to the table with half empty bottles of various alcoholic drinks. His apartment desperately needed some cleaning. He tossed his keys to the side, and started to unwrap a new bottle of whiskey. Steve threw his cigarette in the ashtray and started to pour himself a drink. He started out with a small amount then decided that he needed more so he poured more. He couldn't remember when was the last time he bought so many bottles.

He was too busy drinking his whiskey glass that he didn't notice that someone had entered the living room.

"Steve."

He turned around at the sound of Eviana's voice. He looked shocked, mostly at the fact that she was physically in front of him. He couldn't tell if he was dreaming or not, but he sure hoped he wasn't.

"Evi, what wre you doing here?" He asked concerned for her safety.

She remained silent. She slowly started to walk towards him as he set his glass down. Eviana could tell that he had been drinking. "Where's Mateo? Is he okay?"

"He's at home. He's fine, Steve." She replied.

Steve looked down at his shaky hands that pulled out a chair for him to sit on. He lazily slumped back into the chair and avoided eye contact with her.

"Hey, are you okay?" Eviana walked closer to him.

Steve looked everywhere, but her eyes. He slowly nodded three times before breaking down and shaking his head once. He began to whimper.

"Come here." Eviana whispered to the broken man and let him wrap his arms around her waist while she stroked his hair. He softly sobbed into her shirt. She pressed a few kisses to the top of his head as he let out his emotions. She wasn't planning on letting go anytime soon. He was grateful that she was here with him.

An: steve murphy and javier peña deserved so much better than what they got and I stand by that

also writing steve and evi scenes makes me so sad and happy at the same time because they're so adorable together ugh i love them