nine. cherry

Steve was back at the same bar he and Eviana had now been declared as 'their' meet up place whenever they wanted to see each other

Steve was back at the same bar he and Eviana had now been declared as 'their' meet up place whenever they wanted to see each other. Coronel Carrillo was being transferred after the search bloc was disbanded. In Carrillo's eyes, Pablo had won. But Steve didn't want to think about work. He sat across from Eviana, a beer in front of him, wanting to know how the doctor's visit was.

"How are you?" Steve started the conversation. "You look great."

"Last time, you told me I was a bit pale," Eviana chuckled. "I'm better now. Pregnant and better." She confirmed the news.

Steve was happy for her. In the little time he's known her, he genuinely felt happy for her. She was glowing. Or whatever they called it, thought Steve. She had her hair down, and wore the nicest clothes she had in her closet. Her fingers were adorned with expensive jewelry and her fingernails were painted with her favorite red nail polish. You could hardly tell she was pregnant from far away, but up close? Up close was different. Steve thought she was the most beautiful woman he had ever laid eyes on.

In Miami, he had his fair share of one night stands. They didn't mean anything. His night with Eviana meant something to him at least. Sure, they were drunk, but Steve was sure Eviana would mean alot to him.

"Congratulations." Steve grinned. "How did your brother take the news? I'm sure he's already buying his niece or nephew a shit ton of silk shirts and little bracelets with their name engraved on it."

"Funny. He did that yesterday." Eviana chuckled. "He supported me. He always has. That's what I like about Pacho. Even after all these years, he still protects me, supports me, makes me feel like I'm worth something."

"Pretty sure you always will be."

Eviana smiled at Steve. "What about you? How have you been?"

Steve took a sip of his beer then set it back down. "I'm losing my fucking mind. Carrillo left. Shot a bird. I'm pretty sure Escobar has a tunnel."

Eviana sat in her seat confused. "Why'd you shoot a bird?"

"Javi is a shit shot. He's never been duck hunting before." Steve continued taking about the bird. "Don't tell me you've never been duck hunting."

Eviana slowly shook her head. "Can't say that I have."

Steve acted hurt. "You're breaking my heart here, Evi." So now he had a nickname for her. She only ever a handful of people call her Evi.

Suddenly, Steve's stomach started to growl. He shifted in his seat hoping Eviana didn't hear his stomach's desperate cries for food and not beer. Unfortunately, she did.

"When's the last time you made actual food?" She asked.

"Not the cooking type, sweetheart." He finished his beer and was about to get up for another one when Eviana grabbed his arm.