ten. criminal world

Eviana went back to Cali to return to her semi normal life. Her bump was even bigger and it only made her smile more at the thought that she would soon have her baby in her arms. She still went to the city to visit her friend, corina. She was just as excited as the mom to be, already calling dibs on being the baby's godmother. It was either corina's place or pay Steve a visit. Pacho didn't question where she had been, already knowing the answer.

The day she reached four months, Pacho arranged a doctor to visit their house so Evi could find out the gender. She wasn't the only one eager to find out. Pacho had been keeping Miguel, Gilberto and Chepe updated every month. They sent her gift baskets and toys for the baby. Chepe even made Pacho promise to call him the second they found out the gender. Which brought them to their current situation.

The doctor had brought his equipment and set it up with the help from the maids. Pacho held onto Evi's hand as the doctor put the gel on the probe and placed it on her exposed stomach. She had gotten used to the cold touch.

"Baby looks healthy. That's exactly what we want," the doctor said as he looked at the screen. "You ready to find out your baby's gender?" He smiled at her.

Eviana nodded and held onto Pacho's hand. "Yes."

The doctor looked back at the screen. "Miss Herrera, i hope you're ready for your baby boy."

Eviana's eyes started to water. A baby boy. Her baby boy. The news brought tears of joy to her. So Miguel was right to call their baby a boy.

The doctor had left soon after the gender reveal. Pacho thanked the doctor and gave him money as a thank you talking care of his sister. By the time Evi had cleaned her stomach and put on something more comfortable, Pacho was on the phone with Chepe.

"It's a fucking boy! A boy!" Chepe yelled into the phone while Miguel and Gilberto cheered in the background.

"Congratulations, Evi. You're going to be the best mother in the world." Gilberto said.

"She's already the best mother in the world. She takes care of me when I'm drunk!" Chepe cut in. "I'll have some present for the little boy sent to you as soon as possible."

"That's very thoughtful of you, Chepe. Thank you." Evi smiled.

"Congratulations, Eviana. We're all happy for you." Miguel said in a quiet voice. "Being a parent is the best feeling in the world. I remember when David was born-"

"We don't want to listen to your fucking old man stories." Chepe stopped Miguel and soon the Cali godfathers started arguing not caring if they were being heard by the siblings. Pacho ended the call and placed the phone down on the coffee table.

"Such children." She scoffed playfully.

🦋

SEVERAL DAYS LATER

Eviana walked down the hallway from her room and noticed a maid walking out of a spare room that no one used unless Pacho had some friends over and they stayed. Eviana looked around the hallway making sure the maid was gone before going inside the spare room. She figured it was Pacho's idea to turn the spare room into a nursery.

She stared at the room in amazement. Everything was a nice blue color from the blankets nicely folded on a dresser to the paint that covered the walls. Eviana walked up to a bookcase that had a couple of children's books and various stuffed animals. She picked up a brown bunny rabbit that had long floppy ears and a heart on its foot. She imagined her baby playing with it, tossing it around, pulling on the ears.