forty five. catch the criminal

Miguel Rodriguez was in custody

Miguel Rodriguez was in custody. Jorge Salcedo had successfully saved himself and his family. Every channel had Miguel being led by police in handcuffs. Eviana was shocked to hear the news, but she knew the brothers would be reunited in jail sooner or later.

The Herrera siblings were in their pool house. Alvaro was in a wheelchair, as Pacho and Eviana pulled up their chairs and sat next to him.

"I heard about Miguel," said Alvaro.
Both Eviana and Alvaro watched for Pacho's reaction, but all he did was take a drink from his bottle of alcohol.

Pacho remained quiet. He wanted to personally tell his siblings the news before anyone else got the chance. He didn't know how they would react to it.
He never planned for both of them to get hurt. Everyday, he blamed himself. He just wanted it to end.

"I'm going to surrender," Pacho said, looking at both his siblings. "And Chepe too. But before that, I have one last thing I have to finish." Pacho watched as his brother and sister remained quiet. They didn't know what to say if they were being honest, so Alvaro stuck his hand out for Pacho to give him the bottle.

Eviana didn't want to see her brother spend his life in jail, but she knew it had to be like that. Pacho was a good brother, uncle and protector. She didn't know what she was going to do while Pacho was in jail.

Alvaro took a drink from the bottle then handed it to Eviana. She seemed hesitant to grab the bottle, but she did it anyways. She wiped the top with her sleeve, earning a chuckle from both brothers, then lifted the bottle to her lips and drank from it.

"Guess this is it." Eviana said after she gave the bottle back to Alvaro.

🦋

A brand new day was here and Pacho had unfinished business with the North Valley Cartel so he decided to pay then a friendly visit. He didn't want Eviana to get involved so he told her he would call her. Eviana was finishing changing Mateo when a sicario knocked on her door. She opened it, revealing a sicario holding the satellite phone in his hand.

"It's Pacho, Miss Herrera." The sicario said, giving Eviana the phone then excusing himself and leaving.

Eviana took the phone into her hands. "Pacho?"

"Julio's gone, little sister," Pacho said as he walked through Gerda Salazar's hacienda.

"Good," Eviana said, grabbing Mateo and placing him on the ground where he was playing with his toys. Eviana stood in front of the large window in Mateo's room. She looked out to see a beautiful front yard with a fountain surrounded by pretty flowers of different colors. "And Gerda?"

She could hear the old woman beg Pacho's men to let her go. Then she heard Pacho's voice.

"Mrs. Salazar." Pacho said.