fifteen. pictures of you

Steve hadn't left the airport

Steve hadn't left the airport. He knew he made Eviana feel bad. At least he got to see her baby boy. Mateo was stuck in his mind after meeting the little guy. His eyes were the most beautiful pair of eyes he had seen, well after his mother of course. He loves Eviana's eyes.

He stood in the men's restroom, looking at himself in the mirror. He washed his face, noticing that he looked like he hadn't had a good sleep in a long time, which he didn't. He also noticed that the man beside him had finished snorting white powder.

"Get you feeling pretty good?" He asked the confused man.

The man was busy adjusting his tie, but looked at Steve. "Huh?"

Steve raised his finger up to his nose and signaled that he still had some evidence of his activities in the bathroom stall. "Oh, fuck. Thanks, man. Shit." The man looked into the mirror in panic and in a hurry, wiped his nose with his hand.

Steve started to laugh at his actions. "Phew! You wouldn't imagine what a kilo of that stuff cost." The blonde man nodded. He patted the back of another stranger who had just entered. "Come on. How about you, golden boy?"

The newcomer looked at Steve as if he was a madman. "What are you talking about, man?" He ignored Steve and kept walking away.

"Time it's processed, shipped, distributed to your buddies on. . . The upper east side? Yeah." Steve got closer to the man, who was still trying to fix his tie.

"Hey, man, we don't need any problems here. We cool?" Steve raised in hands in defeat and went back to washing his face. Once the cold water hit him, Steve looked up at the mirror. He needed the other man to know what he knew about drugs. Simple as that.

"Six." Steve's eye were on the man once again. "Lives. That's how much it cost. What do you think about that?" He questioned. The man tried to get his jacket and walk out the door, but Steve wasn't going to allow it. Steve kept getting in the way, repeating his words multiple times. "That was six people. Six people were murdered every time you and your buddy over there. . ." He made a hand motion, his finger rubbing against his nose.

"I'm sorry to hear that." Was all the man could say.

"Yeah?" Steve had enough and punched the man in the face. The man's back hit the counter. Steve grabbed the man's head and banged it against the counter. The man's 'buddy' got himself involved. He ran straight for Steve, but Steve stopped him, throwing him against a stall. Steve grabbed him and started throwing punches until the man's face was completely covered in blood. "Whoo!" Steve grinned at his work and let the body drop.

The airport security didn't take long to enter the restroom and have Steve restrained. "Woah! Calm down!" He said as the police dragged him out the door.

God knows what Eviana would do or say if she found out what Steve had done. Probably the worse thing would be he would never get to see Mateo ever again. Eviana wouldn't do that. . . Maybe.

🦋

It had been the next day after Eviana's meeting with Steve. She felt so hurt that she didn't bother checking up on him like she had been for several weeks. She would have Navegante or any available sicario keep an eye on him for her, but only when she said to. Today, no sicario was sent out.

Eviana had layed down a blanket on the concrete floor. Mateo was on lying on multiple pillows and blankets that it almost seemed like he was on clouds. The mother and son were on the balcony enjoying a beautiful day that consisted of them looking up at the clouds with no interruptions. It was almost too perfect of a day for them.

Eviana held Mateo's little hand with a single finger, just like Steve had done. Her ring clad finger felt the softness of the baby's hand. "Look, Mateo, pretty clouds and birds." Eviana whispered.

Mateo's hand, that wasn't holding his mom's, reached out to the sky. Eviana swore she saw his little lips form into a smile. After seeing how beautiful Mateo looked, she had the bright idea to capture the perfect moment.

"Helena," Eviana called out for the maid.

"Yes, Miss Herrera?"

"Could you bring the camera from Mateo's room? Thank you." Eviana sat up, keeping an eye on the baby. Once Helena came back with the camera in hand, Eviana thanked her once again and adjusted Mateo so the photo could come out good. "How about a smile, huh? Smile for mommy. No?" Eviana wiggled her fingers to catch Mateo's attention.

She successfully took a few photos, one even with a half toothy smile. That one was now her favorite picture she had ever taken. As she admired the picture, she heard laughing from the doorway. She looked up to see Pacho smiling at his nephew.

"He looks so small." He walked over to the duo and crouched down next to Mateo. "Hi." He chuckled. Mateo's eyes darted to the shiny things that were on Pacho's hand. His rings and his watch. "Oh, you want to play? Yeah, you want an expensive watch? It's too big for you, Mateo. I promise I'll get you one when you're big and strong. I'll take to to pick it out, does that sound good?"

Mateo didn't know what was happening. The baby just wanted to get ahold of shiny things and his uncle just so happened to have shiny things.

"Look. He turned out pretty photogenic, right?" Eviana showed Pacho the pictures.

Pacho took the pictures in his hand and smiled. "Yeah. He kinda looks like Alvaro when he was a baby. They have the same face when they don't know what's going on." He pointed out.

"I'd say he looks more like his. . . " Eviana didn't know if even mention Mateo's dad was a good idea. "Do you think Alvaro will be home home? I really want him to meet Mateo."

Pacho nodded. "I'm sure he will. Him and Mateo could be best friends and he'll steal him from you."

An: more uncle pacho and mom evi content for ya