two. midnight

Carrillo let Eviana go

Carrillo let Eviana go. It made sense that she would have a nice car. Pacho wouldn't have his own sister driving around in a old car that could break down at any moment. Steve didn't know much about her, but he knew that she had business in Medellín. Not the prostitute business type, but actual money business. Was it legal or illegal? Now that he didn't know.

After sorting out everything and telling his men to let her through, Carrillo finally let go of Eviana. She scoffed at the way the colonel handled it and went inside her car. "Oh, Colonel, good luck with your search bloc shit. I'm sure you'll have Escobar in no time."

Steve learned that Eviana Herrera was full of sarcastic remarks. One of the many things he would soon love about her.

"Have a good day, Miss Herrera." Colonel Carrillo waved at her while she drove her car down the street.

Steve approached the colonel. "Has she always been so. . ." he couldn't find the right word.

"Bitchy? Angry?  Javi asked. "Rumor has it that she almost went to jail because someone looked at her wrong."

Steve furrowed his eyebrows. "They were looking at her wrong, I don't see a problem with that."

"It was a foreigner. They didn't know fucking spanish. She literally gave a whole rant to the police about respecting women or some shit."

🦋

Steve sat down at a bar the next day. It wasn't too busy since it was almost the middle of the night. Pablo had sent three men to kill the girlfriend of the unfortunate young man who he put on the avianca plane in an attempt to assassinate President Gaviria. Javi and Steve got to Campo Valdéz in time before Pablo's men shot the infant.

"Rough day at work, Agent Murphy?" Eviana sat down next to steve at the bar. "Can I get a sunset daiquiri?" She asked the bartender. She turned to steve and saw that his hair was all over the place, bags under his eyes and judging by the empty shot glasses around him, he had been drinking for quite a while. "You look like you need a nap."

Steve let out a dry chuckle. "A nap? I'm not a fucking baby. I sure ass hell don't need a nap."

The bartender came back with Eviana's drink and set it in front of her. Eviana payed the bartender, telling him to keep the change. "You don't look well. I know you're having a rough time. Escobar is a tricky man."

"Why do I have the feeling that you are setting me up. Are a bunch of sicarios going to come through that door and fucking shoot me?! Tell me because if they are then I need another round of whiskey." Steve raised his voice. He sat up in his seat when he noticed that Eviana didn't flinch at his sudden voice change. She sat quietly drinking her sunset daiquiri.

"Take a break, Agent Murphy. You have the rest of the night before you're called back to get leads on Escobar." Eviana said. "Or we can keep drinking until eventually we get kicked out."

Steve didn't have to tell her to keep on drinking. They ordered more drinks and laughed at some joke steve had said that didn't turn out to be as funny like he hoped it would be. Eviana liked how Steve stumbled over his words. It was cute to witness. He even opened up about his life in Miami, which he thought Eviana would forget first thing in the morning. Spoiler alert, she didn't. Everything they shared together stuck with them.

An: small lil update but I'm already in love with these two