Chapter 3

I couldn't bring myself to look at my father. I could feel the betrayal sink into my body as it surrounds me. I could also feel my mother drilling her eyes into my very soul, daring me to look at them.

"I can't believe you both will go against us" Daniels father spoke up "Do you realise how it looks for the daughter of an Alpha and son of a Beta caught in the woods? And you aren't even true mates? You both are pups just wanting to fuck!"

I flinched from the wavering feeling of disapproval our parents were giving off. Daniel didn't move but he knew I was being affected by it more.

I've never heard Daniels father speak before my father, I was a little taken aback and I could see using my peripheral vision that Daniel was not looking at his father, he kept taking side glances at me

"You both need to realise how this makes us look to the pack... Letting our children go behind our backs being together when they are not true mates"

"Other wolves our age do it" Daniel speaks up now looking at his father

"But you are our children! They don't have Alpha or Beta blood in them" His father continues "You are future leaders... You need to set an example!" His father says

I lift my gaze up to look into my father's eyes. He looked hurt at the same time disappointed, my mother just looked downright betrayed. The guilt was sinking in more and more, I couldn't fight the feeling. They were both that hurt that their little girl would do this to them, I tried to pull away from their gazes but instead I felt a tear escape my eyes which wasn't meant to fall

My father's gaze now looked heart broken, I just barely saw my mother's posture stiffen for a brief moment.

"For this betrayal, you will both not be seeing each other any longer" Daniels father says grabbing my attention

"What?!" I snap. I didn't mean to, it just happened. I looked between our parents searching their eyes for answers.

"She is still my best friend!" Daniel says

Daniels father nodding his head while Daniel still didn't agree with what they had decided

"I LOVE HER!" He yelled, I snapped my head towards him "I love you" he whispers to me

I felt my heart explode at his words and tried to grab his hand when I heard a growl and I knew that growl was my fathers. I didn't know how I felt, I wanted him yet I knew I couldn't, I was so conflicted. Did I feel the same way? Or was it just to fill the void of my mate? I honestly didn't know.

"You don't know what love is until you find your true mate! What will happen when you do find your mate Daniel? You will leave my daughter for her as well as she leaving you for him, we are doing this because we don't want to see either of you heartbroken" My father finally speaking and his words were stating what was true. I knew this, Daniel knew this yet he still fights for something that is inevitable.

"I will still love her even if I do find my true mate, because in reality Isabelle was here first" In my heart I wished this were true. I was raised knowing that a mate will always be the one and only true love of your life.

The last 3 years have been the best I have ever had. When I finally turned 18, my mate never came, instead I had Daniel there beside me as I broke down

When he turned 18, he never left the pack territory in search of his mate because at the time his parents needed him. At that time, his brother had been attacked by rogues and Brayden had lost his mate. Daniel refused to leave his family in their time of need.

"We have both talked about if our true mates were to show up, I know it was never going to last. It was just us having some fun before that happens"