Chapter 29

I watched Isabelle look defeated and slump next to me. I place a hand on hers as she looks up.

'There's nothing I can do'

'Yes there is, you just have to give her time' I say and squeeze her hand

"Hey, maybe you all should stay for dinner, it will be served in an hour" Israel says staring at us. I could see the admiration in his eyes.

I look to Isabelle who looks up smiling

"That would be nice" I say nodding my head

"Israel can I have a word with you?" Isabelle says as she squeezes my hand 'Go down to the courtyard and find her please' I smile 'Give me a couple minutes with him then I'll come and find you' We nod our heads at the same time and look to Israel who nods his head "Alone"

**ISABELLE**

"Charlotte" I say finding her

"I know he asked you here because of me" she says. I followed her scent to her bedroom. She must have heard me coming because just as I was going to knock she opens the door.

"Yes" I was seated on her bed as she stepped into her closet

"And you told him I was part Fae?" I nod "You always tried to make things better between people" She came back out in black leggings, a black long sleeve top then put on a sleeveless brown fitted vest. I look at her funny making her smile "This is our uniform" she says putting on black high heeled boots. She is so gorgeous, but being here made her more irresistible.

"Fae never find mates who aren't their kind and he was curious, you know your grandfather is here" She snaps her head to me "You knew that anyway didn't you? The first time you saw him, like the first time you saw Israel and didn't tell him"

"I couldn't tell them"

My eyes are wide in shock "The Charlotte I grew up with, would never let something like this just walk by, you would never have let Israel go walking passed you each day knowing you were mates, and the chance to meet your grandfather, all those presents your dad told you he use to leave your mom as she grew up and even while she was alive with your dad!"

She sat down on the bed beside me

"I had to reject him, I won't be able to bare his children because I can't come to terms with being part Fae" she takes a deep breathe "God, I've come to know him, watching him, I've even fallen in love with him but at a distance... I had to reject him because I won't be able to give him something we both know we would crave most"

"Another life" I breathe out

"How would you feel knowing he looks back at you with so much love yet everyone else looks disgusted because he looks at me that way?" I see a tear fall from her eyes "I didn't think I would get to find my mate thats why I left home but finding him here and the prince? I have to put him first and let him go"

"But is it really what you want?"

After she had walked out of the room, I was asked to be left alone with Israel. I watched him closely whilst he moved to a couch beside the chair I was sitting on.

He looked deep in thought, crushed, heartbroken, all the feelings you could possibly feel when the one person you want to be next to, comfort and love chooses to walk away from you

Israel is a good friend, he saved my life many times. Notice how I know a lot of guys? Yeah sometimes I just find boys come with less drama depending on who it is like say my mate for example.

Israel caught my small smile and frowns. I shake my head and lean forward on my thighs looking at him

"She is scared isnt she? If she doesn't really want to be with me then maybe I should release her from her duties and go back with you" He choked on all that he said.