Chapter 28

**ISABELLE**

We were all dressed and ready when I got called to see my father and brothers.

Yeah I am freaking out about the people I'm bringing. I know that they can fend for themselves but its on my head if anything happens to them because of my decision.

"Baby" I hear behind me. I turn and see Xavier catching up to me. He was wearing an all black suit while I was wearing black skinny jeans with black heels, a purple chiffon short sleeved shirt with a black crop top underneath and a black blazer with it folded back at the wrists. My hair was teased up behind a headband and tied up in a bun

"Yeah babe?" I ask as he puts his arm around my waist

"I just wanted you to wait up" he says kissing my cheek as we walk into the house where my brothers and father were waiting for us in the lounge with a couple of bags.

I shake my head as Xavier raised an eyebrow towards the bags

"Dad, we will be fine" I say stepping towards them

"This time is different, they are in the middle of courts at the moment and you need all the protection you can get, all the powerful Fae will be there and with your power in that room might send out a different reaction... Now that you both are mated, you are probably the most powerful couple, your power is actually causing a stir in the magical world"

At those words, I regret not staying a rogue. Why did I want to go in search of my grandmother and cousin? I could have stayed in hiding and carried on with the councils wishes.

I felt Xavier lightly squeeze my arm and kiss my cheek. Last night I kept ranting on about my worries, telling him I was so use to going alone or with the old pack guard. It felt a little strange to me but I had to have complete confidence in Xaviers guard because now, they are mine as well.

I shake my head as Xavier and I grab a bag in each hand. I open one to inspect the contents. A few swords and bows. I smile zipping the bag shut

"Be safe" Dad says stepping forward and kissing me on the cheek

"Take care of my daughter" He was saying it as if it were going to be the last time he was seeing me. I smile again as Xavier nods his head towards my father.

Our walk to the woods was cut short by giving the guys the weapons. Blake, Xavier and I couldn't take them in with us so each of them had something strapped to them.

I lead them into the woods to where Xavier and I made love yesterday. Xavier stiffened as I blushed.

"The portal is here?" He asks as I nod and point to the side of the waterfall

"Weird location but we won't get wet... Much" I smile cheekily as he pinches my sides following behind me. I tug on his hand pulling him along with the guys close beside us

"Cousin?" I turn and see Blake with a questioning look as I walk straight through the rock face beside the waterfall. Xavier follows behind me with Blake beside him, then the guys behind clutching their weapons.

"Don't worry I know our way back" I say as we all walk side by side. The air was a little lighter than the world we know. It isn't warm but it also isn't cold. The forest has its hidden secrets but was more beautiful than the ones we have grown to know.

I could sense the boys were on edge but with my feeling of reassurance, they were a little at ease but not entirely.

We all heard branches break around us followed by growls. I stood still as Xavier moved in front of me growling back using his alpha power to his advantage, slowly crouching with his hand trailing down my body, a sense of security knowing I am still there to be protected.