Chapter 9

My parents use to tell me what it meant to find your mate. Your other half, the part of your soul that has been missing.

They would say that their smell is so intoxicating, you are drawn to it at all times, night or day and anywhere.

You are always caught in the gaze whether it be close or far away.

Damien use to explain that the touch was something else. It would send all types of signals to your body that you would want to touch them as much as possible and everywhere if possible.

As Xavier's twenty first birthday draws near, tomorrow I meet his parents. He wanted his birthday to be good so he wanted me to meet his parents on his birthday as well as introduce me to the pack properly although they all know who I am. I've watched him closely, learning more about him each day and it's the same for him with me.

He treats me like a queen but at the same time a child. He is gentle with me as if he doesn't want to hurt me. I guess from the seen he found me after how disagreement a few weeks ago, he doesn't want to do anything to hurt me.

He also doesn't let me train with the other wolves or run in the territory with them. Bonus is, is that I get him all to myself. I've noticed he is stronger ever since he found me and I'm stronger now also.

"Stop playing around" Xavier says pinning me on the ground with my stomach face down. "This training is meant to be serious not playing about babe"

We haven't completed the mating process yet. We've made out, a bit of foreplay. Well a lot of foreplay but we haven't had sex yet. Melanie asked if her brother had claimed me yet but to her surprise I said no.

I wanted it to be special because it was with my mate even though I was no virgin still, my first time was anything but special.

I was drunk, foolish and human boys were there. I was sixteen at the time. If it wasn't for Daniel taking me home, I would've stayed the night and had more sex with that guy.

Daniel. Yeah I still think about him but I can't love him the way he thinks he still loves me. I left because my love for Daniel would ruin me.It causes too much conflict. If Xavier found out Daniel still loves me, I wouldn't be able to stand the thought of my mate beating up my best friend.

Yes he still is my best friend and he'll always have a special place in my heart. But now that I have my mate that is all that is to it.

If my father found out I found my mate he wouldn't allow me to come back especially if he knew Daniel still had feelings for me in that way

You can't forget your first love but with your mate, your love changes and now that's how I see it with Xavier.

I managed to maneuver my way out of his grip and lay on my back

"What are you thinking about?" He asks standing up and offering his hand out to me

I smile "Nothing really worth mentioning" I say running off in the direction of the house

I could feel Xavier chasing me which made me sprint faster trying to suppress my playfulness when I hear growls from behind me.

I see the back porch in view when I feel Xavier pick me up and sling me over his shoulder

"Put me down" I squeal pounding his back with my hands. He gave me gentle slaps on my butt.

I didn't want him doing that because it was turning me on, not only that but having a view of his behind was sending messages downstairs in my body.

As we reached the top step I felt him stiffened and sniff then giving my butt a gentle bite.

I moan and a small groan comes from his throat when I run into the kitchen.