34

For the next few days, Areum and Jaemin did not talk or text at all. Areum would try and talk to him but Jaemin would avoid her at all costs; which made her angry and frusterated.

A whole week had passed since the misunderstanding and now Areum was on her way to the cafeteria. She dreaded today, because she was going to face Jaemin for the first time since they last saw each other.
But she was determined. This would be the chance that she gets to finally clear things up. So she walked towards the table with no hesitation.

Areum pulled open the seat next to Jaemin but he immediately stopped her. Her brows knitted together in confusion and she looked to Jaemin who was giving her an emotionless look.
"Jiyeon's sitting here." He said flatly.

And as if on cue, Jiyeon came skipping in. "Aww Jaemin baby! You saved the seat for me this time! You're the sweetest." She looked over at Areum in disgust. "Move."
Jiyeon pushed Areum out of the way, sitting down in the seat.
Areum looked at Jaemin who didn't bother to give her a second glance.

"Here Areum, you can sit here," said Renjun, pulling out the seat next to him.
"Thanks," she replied, sitting down.

"He's still being like that?" Renjun asked in a hushed tone. Areum sadly nodded, opening up her lunch.

A couple of minuted passed and Areum would glance up at Jaemin every now and then. It was kind of hard not to when him and Jiyeon were being so obnoxious right in front of her.

"Nana~ feed me another bite please," Jiyeon pouted.
Areum rolled her eyes, taking a bite out of her food.

"Sure," Jaemin replied, bringing the chopsticks near Jiyeon's mouth.
She squealed in delight. "Thank you-"

Areum slapped her hand onto the table and stood up, gaining the attention of everyone at the table.
She sweetly smiled, "sorry, I didn't expect that to be so loud. I guess I went a bit deaf from all the chipmunk noises."
Haechan snorted but instantly coughed to cover it up.

"I have to leave a bit early for my next class so I'll see you all another time." Areum gathered and packed up her things, ready to leave. "Have fun," she sarcastically said to Jaemin. And with that, she left the table.

Areum had only been walking a few steps outside the cafeteria when she got pulled to the side. "What the fuck-"

"Can you stay the fuck away from Jaemin?"

Areum furrowed her brows and looked at who had dragged her: Jiyeon.
Areum laughed, "sorry but everyone else at that table are my friends. It's gonna be almost impossible to stay away from him when his friends are mine also."

"Then let me get straight to the point," Jiyeon said, poking Areum in the chest.
"Jaemin is mine." Poke.
"You think he'd like a girl like you?" Poke.
"A fucking loser?" Poke.
"Stop living in that fairytale dream of yours and wake up. Because Jaemin chose me, not you."

Areum looked at the girl, angry. In that moment, she probably would've punched her in the face but for reasons, she didn't. "Are you done? Can I go to my class now? You're kind of wasting my time," Areum said.
Jiyeon crossed her arms and scoffed. Then she saw the necklace that Areum was wearing. "Jaemin gave you that, didn't he?"

"Says who?"

"Says Jaemin himself. Too bad he gave it to me instead."

"What-"

Before Areum could process anything, Jiyeon grabbed the necklace and yanked it off Areum's neck.
Areum gasped, "hey, give that back!"

Jiyeon put the necklace in her pocket. "Sorry, but Jaemin gave it to me because I'm someone special to him. This little trinket means the world to me. You understand, don't you?" She smiled.

"Give it back you bitch!"

"Well I'm done now, you can go to your class. You said I was wasting your time, right? Well not anymore," she smiled again innocently. "See ya, loser." Jiyeon walked away, back towards the cafeteria where the others were.

Areum stood still. In that moment, she felt numb. Eventually, tears started to run down her cheeks and she sped-walked away to the nearest bathroom.
Thankfully no one was in there because when she looked into the mirror, all she was a crying mess.

Areum put her hands over her face and screamed, but no sound came out. Everything hurted. Being humiliated, Jaemin ignoring her, having something so special taken away from her.

She breathed in a shaky breathe and hurriedly turned on the faucet, splashing cold water onto her face.
Areum stood up, looking into the mirror once more and sniffled.

"Fuck this bullshit," she said to herself.