7

Areum was not ready to go to class.
The moment Areum and Nari stepped out of the dorm, everyone was looking at them. More specifically, they were looking at Areum.

"Oh my god, Nari, I can't do this. Let's go back so I can change."

"What the fuck, where did the confidence that you had 2 seconds ago go? Areum, we are not going back. This is your moment to show everyone that you're not what they label you as."

Areum could only nod at her words. Nari was right, once again. But Areum wasn't used to getting the amount of attention like she was right now.

Both of the girls were walking towards their class at a steady pace until someone called out to them.

"Nari! Where's Areum? Is she not coming to class today?"

Nari turned around to see who called out to her while Areum froze- immediately recognizing the voice's owner.

Shit. I totally forgot about Renjun. Oh god he's going to see me in this-

"What do you mean have I seen Areum? She's literally right next to me." Nari said smirking, pointing to Areum.

And with that Areum slowly turned around, bracing herself to face the boy.

She awkwardly smiled and gave Renjun a small wave. "Hey Renjun..."

Renjun stood there, looking at Areum in slight shock. His eyes scanned from the bottom of Areum's white shoes to her skirt, and then to her chain necklace. Then back down and up again.

Areum's cheeks started heating up as she watched Renjun's eyes scan her all over.

"Wow, um, Areum," Renjun started. "I didn't recognize you for a second. This is... different."

Areum slightly groaned. "Ugh, I know, it's weird, huh? Nari, I told you! I knew we should've gone back to the dorms so I could change. I shouldn't have worn this-"

"No, I mean. It's a good different. You look... Nice." Renjun said.

"Just say that she looks sexy, Renjun." Nari said nonchalantly.

"Alright fine," Renjun looked at Areum. "Areum, you look sexy." He said with no hesitation.

At his words, Areum immediately started blushing and turned to look at Nari with wide eyes. Nari did the same, just as surprised as Areum at the boy's words.

"What? You told me to say it so I did." Renjun said. "Can we go to class now? At this rate we're going to be late."

Both girls turned back to face Renjun and nodded. On their way to class, Nari and Renjun shared a simple conversation. Areum on the other hand, was only partially part of the conversation. Her mind was still thinking about what Renjun had said to her, sending a frenzy of butterflies to take flight in her stomach.

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

Areum, Nari, and Renjun walked out of class.

Nari stretched her arms up. "Whew! I thought that class was never going to end. Mr. Lee can be so boring sometimes. Today was one of those days."

Areum and Renjun laughed, agreeing with Naris words.

"Well, I gotta get to my next class. See you guys later!" Nari waved.

"Bye!" Areum and Renjun said back.

Renjun turned to Areum. "I have to grab my textbook from one of my friends before my next class. Do you wanna come with me?"

"Which friend?"

"Haechan."

Areum tilted her head to the left. "Haechan?"

"Or, Donghyuck?"

Areum kept her head tilted, still a bit confused.

"You've never heard of the name Haechan or Donghyuck?"

"Nope." Areum said, popping the "p".

"Wah, I'm surprised you don't know him. He's pretty popular, especially among the girls." Renjun said. "Actually my whole friend group is pretty popular."

Areum raised her brow. "Oh really? You? Huang Renjun? Popular?" She teased.

"Hey, stop it, I'm not joking!" He said.

Areum laughed. "Okay, okay. I believe you. I probably don't know because..."
She trailed off, her eyes looking away from Renjun.

"Because?" Renjun asked, moving his head so that she was looking at him again.

Areum smiled bittersweetly. "Because I'm always so focused on my studies and never have time for anything else."

Renjun looked at her with sympathy and pursed his lips together.

"Right, well. This is a good chance for you to meet them then!" Renjun said, changing the mood.

"Alright," Areum smiled. "How bad can they be?"