19

Areum's heart was soaring, butterflies taking flight in her stomach- she had never felt so happy.
On the other hand, once Renjun had seen Areum, his smile instantly faded.

"Areum?" He said, confused as he walked towards her.

"Yes!" She said ecstatically.

"What?"

"I will be your girlfriend."

Renjun froze. Everyone surrounding them had gone silent, the only thing that could be heard was the music.

"I- um, Areum. It's actually.. not for you..." He awkwardly said through gritted teeth.

Areum's smile faded away. "What?"

Renjun sighed. "You're not the girl who I'm asking to be my girlfriend."

She was stunned- her stomach dropped and she felt sick, her heart rate increasing.
Renjun pinched the bridge of his noise, looking at the two seniors that had brought Areum. "How the hell did you get the wrong girl?"

"You said Choi Areum, didn't you?"

"I specifically said not Choi Areum."

Areum looked at Renjun, confused and hurt.

He looked back at her sympathetically, "because I know she has feelings for me."

Ouch.

"Renjun?" A girl with long, hazel brown hair stepped into the cleared circle where Areum and Renjun was.

"Hyunjin," Renjun said.

Areum looked back and forth between the girl and Renjun.

She didn't know what to do.
She was frozen, stuck in place.
She was hurt and embarrassed.

The whole school had just witnessed her make a fool of herself and get rejected by Renjun.

"Did she really think she had a chance with him? Pathetic."
"Look at her, poor thing."
"Renjun didn't even want her here."
"She was so happy too, talk about lame."
"As if Renjun would ever ask someone like her to be his girlfriend."
"What a loser."

Loser.

That's what she was, Areum thought. To think that Renjun would like her back? She really was lame and she mentally laughed.
Areum slowly walked backwards, the whispers and harsh words that people were saying getting to her head.

Renjun saw this and stepped towards her with an arm reaching out. "Areum, look I'm-"

And like a guardian angel coming to save her, Jaemin walked out of the crowd of students and towards the two.
He grabbed Areum's wrist and dragged her away with him, making sure to give Renjun a glare before turning around.
Renjun's mouth gaped open, watching Jaemin take Areum away.

The whispers of students got louder as they watched the scene unfold before them.

"Jaemin?!"
"Omg where is he taking her?"
"Why is Jaemin taking her away?"
"What's happening?"

Jaemin pushed through the crowd of people, his grip still tight on Areum's wrist.

"Jaemin."

He didn't answer.

"Jaemin, where are you taking me?"

Again, he didn't answer and they both went inside the house.

"Haechan, I'm taking Areum out for a breather. Watch Nari for the rest of the night and make sure she gets home safely, alright?"

Haechan saluted. "Yessir!"

"What, Jaemin, we're leaving?"

He didn't answer and dragged her again towards the garage, opening the door to his Lamborghini.

"Get in."

"Where are we going?"

"Do you wanna leave or stay where you just embarrassed your ass in front of the whole school?" He growled.

Areum was taken aback, and she stepped into the expensive car, sitting in the passenger seat.
Jaemin closed the door and walked to the driver's side, getting in.
He started the car and exited the garage, leaving the party behind.