8

Areum followed Renjun closely, not wanting to lose him in the sea of students rushing to their classes.

Renjun turned his head to look at her. "Don't be nervous, okay? I promise they won't bite."

Areum nodded.

"Yo, Renjun!"

"Hyuck! You have my textbook?"

Areum looked to see a group of 5 boys huddled together.

"Yessir, here it is." The boy said, handing the textbook over to Renjun. He then peeked to look at Areum, who was slightly hiding behind Renjun and leaned in closer. "And who is this?"

Areum looked back at the boy, who was supposingly named Hyuck, and took in his appearance.
Light brown hair, tan skin, a few moles dotting his skin. A black denim jacket with a white tee underneath, paired with black ripped skinny jeans and a pair of converse. He was insanely good-looking, a slight bad boy aura surrounding him. Areum peered behind Hyuck to look at the rest of the boys, who were all looking at her aswell.

How the fuck are they all so gorgeous?

"This is Areum. Areum, this is Haechan," Renjun said.

"Ah, so this is the girl you keep talking about!" Haechan exclaimed.

Areum's eyes slightly widened and she looked at Renjun.

He talks about me to his friends?

"You can call me Haechan. Or by my real name, Donghyuck- though mainly the boys call me by that. But either one works since you're a good friend of Renjun's. Anyways- it's nice to meet you Areum," he said, extending a hand out.

Well he sure is... chatty.

Areum took his hand and shook it. "It's nice to meet you... Haechan. I'll call you that for now since we just met." She smiled.

Right when Areum took his hand into hers, it sounded as if a million whispers broke out from the students surrounding them.

"Oh my god, who is she?"
"I don't know, but why is she holding Haechan's hand?"
"She's that one chick who's best friends with Kim Nari."
"Whoever she is, she better stay the hell away from Haechan cause he's mine."
"Like hell he is!"
"She's not even that pretty."
"Ew, look at her in that skirt- trying to seduce him and shit. As if he would be with anyone like her."

Areum heard the whispers surrounding her, some audible and some not. Nonetheless, the words being spoken hurt her, and she felt an uneasy twist in her stomach- her throat slightly tightening as she swallowed to get rid of the lump in her throat.

She tried hard to keep a smile on her face to the boys in front of her. One of them noticed this and slightly narrowed his eyes.

"Guess what, Hyuck!" Renjun started, laughing as if he couldn't hear or notice any of the gossiping the students were doing.

Haechan turned to look at the boy, boringly. "What Huang. I'm trying to make a new friend here."

"Areum didn't even know who you were before.. She's never even heard of your name until now! You're not as popular as you think!" He said, laughing harder and clutching his stomach.

Haechan gasped and whipped his head back to Areum. "Is it true?"

"Uhm.. Yes?"

Haechan pouted. "I can't believe it. Someone who doesn't know me? Unacceptable."

Areum furrowed her brows. Talk about duality.

Haechan hooked his arm with Areum's. "Guess we'll just have to fix that by being best friends!"

Areum scoffed and rolled her eyes. "And be attacked by all your fangirls? No thanks- they're all staring at me like I stole their lunch money or something."

"Oh please, they can't hurt you if you just stick with me. They won't do shit that will make themselves look bad in front of me. Bunch of pussies, really."

Renjun grabbed Areum's arm, pulling her to his side and out of Haechan's hold; slightly narrowing his eyes at Haechan.

"Haechan, she still has to meet the rest of the boys. Now stop with your clingy ass," Renjun said. "Areum, this is Park Jisung. He's a freshman."

Areum looked up at the boy. He's a freshman? Why is he a fucking giant??

"It's nice to meet you, Jisung."

"It's nice to meet you too," he replied.

Areum was taken back. She was not expecting such a low voice coming out of him when she saw his face.

"Next is Zhong Chenle. He's Chinese like me and a sophomore."

Areum looked at the dark brown haired boy. To say the least, he looked intimidating and Areum suddenly became a bit anxious.

"Hi Chenle. Nice to meet you."

Chenle smiled brightly. "And you too!"

"Don't mind him. He may seem really intimidating but he's actually a total crackhead," Renjun said. "Next is Lee Jeno, the samoyed."

"Hello Areum!" Jeno said, giving her a smile.

Areum felt her insides melting as she saw his eye smile. It was too cute. She definitely saw why Renjun had called him a samoyed.

She smiled back. "It's nice to meet you, Jeno."

"And last but not least," Renjun said. "Na-"

"Na Jaemin." The boy in front of her said, cutting off Renjun and extending a hand out to Areum.

Renjun slightly glared at Jaemin for cutting him off.

Areum took in his appearance while hesitantly taking his hand.
White hair, parted in the middle to reveal his forehead. Dark brown eyes and a chiseled jaw. He was wearing a black leather jacket and a black tee; a small necklace hanging from his neck. All of this paired with black jeans and a belt.

Areum felt the most nervous when introducing herself to the Jaemin. Probably because the way that he was looking at her was ten times more intimidating than Chenle. And maybe because he was gorgeous as hell.

Not as gorgeous as Renjun though.

"It's nice to meet you Na Jaemin," Areum said, shaking his hand.

Jaemin smirked, slightly tightening his grip on Areum's hand.
"It is very nice to meet you too, Choi Areum."