26

Areum pulled her jacket close to her, shivering as she rang the doorbell. Her hot breath could be seen in the air everytime she exhaled.
After a few moments she rang the doorbell again- she was not planning on freezing outside.

The door opened and Areum saw Haechan. "Areum welcome! The party is just about to start so people are coming soon. Wait, why are you wearing a jacket?"

She stepped into Chenle's mansion. "Well I didn't want to freeze my ass off before coming here."

Areum looked around the house. The last time she was here it was for the Halloween party. This time there were no more spooky decorations and fake blood but instead, red, green, and white scattered the place- perfect for the Christmas season.
Lights of all colors shined and sparkled across the room, the smell of pinecones in the air as Christmas music played in the house. It looked and felt like every house in a Christmas movie.

Jaemin came into the room and saw the pair near the front door. "Areum! Hey."

She looked up and smiled at him, unzipping the large coat she was wearing. Underneath she wore a dark, red long sleeve dress with a square neckline. The dress hugged her body and reached down to her mid-thigh.
Her earlobes sparkled with the earrings that she was wearing and on her neck, the same necklace Jaemin had first given her.

Jaemin's eyes scanned Areum's figure and he couldn't contain the smile forming on his lips. "I knew you'd look good in it."

Haechan furrowed his brows and looked at Jaemin. "You picked it?"

"Of course I did."

Haechan narrowed his eyes and glanced between the two in suspicion. "Alright! Well get ready because people should be coming in soon. Jeno! Set up the beer pong!" He shouted, leaving the pair alone in the room.

The pair awkwardly stood in silence before Jaemin spoke up. "Come on, Nari is in the other room decorating with Jisung." He started walking away and Areum followed.

They both walked into another room and saw Jisung holding a ladder still, while Nari hung lights on top of a tall shelf. Nari looked down and saw Areum.

"Areum!" She started waving. "You're finally here! Cute dress by the way."

"Yah yah yah, stop moving the ladder, you're making me scared," Jisung said, trying his best to hold the ladder still.

"Oh please, you're fine," Nari said, stepping down from the steps.
She hopped off the ladder and Jisung sighed in relief.

Chenle walked into the room. "Ayo get ready! People are starting to arrive."

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

It had only been a few minutes and yet the large house was already packed. Music blared throughout the house as the smell of alcohol and sweat mixed with the previous sweet, smelling pinecone scents of Christmas from a little bit ago.
Areum had been sticking close to Jaemin for the entire because one:
He told her to- and two:
She had no idea where Nari danced off to.

Areum took a small sip of her drink, bobbing her head to the beat of the music as Jaemin spook to a friend of his. She watched as students from campus mingled and danced around- and then her eyes caught sight of the front door opening.

Her breathe hitched as she saw Renjun enter into the house- along with his girlfriend.