23

A few weeks had passed and Areum and Jaemin had gotten closer. He'd show up almost every morning to give her her outfit of the day and walk with her to her morning classes. They'd sit together at lunch and talk almost everyday. Sometimes Jaemin would ask her to help him with his studies- not for free of course. The pair would be seen together at parties and hanging around each other.

To the public eye, people would think that they were best friends or even dating. But that was the complete opposite. Their relationship was purely business.

Renjun had been spending more and more time with his girlfriend, and less time with Areum. Despite this, he noticed how his two best friends had gotten closer and he was confused. Their personalities and personal lives were almost complete opposites; so he couldn't figure out why they had suddenly become friends. Close friends at that.
He also couldn't decipher the unpleasant feeling of seeing them together almost all the time.

Areum was sitting on a bench, bathing in the warmth of the sun as she watched students pass by.
Renjun approached her. "Hey Areum! Are you ready to go?"

"What?" She stood up, confused.

"Go to the cafe to study... It's Thursday, did you forget?"

"I didn't forget. But this is so random and we haven't hung out in weeks. You should've said something before, I-"

"She already made plans with me." Jaemin stood next to her and swung and arm around her shoulders, pulling her close to him.

Renjun looked at the taller boy and then to Areum. "I see. Sorry, I didn't know. I guess I'll see you guys around." He walked around the two and left.

When Renjun was a good distance away, Areum punched Jaemin in the stomach and he let out a groan, clutching his stomach.

"What did you do that for!" She asked.

"What do you mean what did I do that for, what did you THIS for?!" Jaemin rubbed his stomach.

"I don't even have plans with you today, dumbass. You ruined my chance to hang out with Renjun." She rolled her eyes and started walking away, Jaemin following right after.

"You still like him? I thought you said you were going to give it up after seeing how happy he is with Hyunjin?"

Areum's heart squeezed in pain and she stopped in her steps, Jaemin almost running into her.

She sharply turned around and looked at him. "I was but," she sighed. "You think it's easy to get over someone you've had feelings for for almost a year? Let alone someone who's meant so much to you for the past 3 years?"

Jaemin looked into Areum's glassy eyes, her tears threatening to fall.

"I bet you don't know how it feels to see the person you love, in love with someone else. I bet you don't know how much it fucking hurts to love someone so much that their happiness means more than yours." Her voice cracked and he watched as her tears fell down Areum's cheeks.

Jaemin silently watched as Areum cried. She was right. He had never experienced the hurt that she was going through right now. But that was until they finally became friends and got closer the past few months.

Jaemin had always admired Areum from afar. He first laid eyes on her when he saw her walking together with Renjun freshman year. Jaemin didn't know what it was with her but she was captivating. He never called it a crush or love, it was more of a small infatuation.

After overhearing that she needed money a few months back, that was when he decided to be her sugar daddy. He wanted to help and somewhat get close to her, yet also control and toy with her. However he never expected for her to find out his true identity and for them to end up where they are now.

Jaemin didn't know why he made the second contract after the Halloween party. He could've stopped the sugar daddy role then and there. But he was intrigued. In a way, he had gotten fond of whatever relationship they had together.
As time went by he slowly noticed how that fondness had changed, and he wasn't sure if it was something he like or wanted. Especially knowing that Areum was so in love with one of his best friends.

Jaemin's eyes scanned Areum's face. He found her breathtakingly beautiful despite her crying. Her brown eyes luring him in and Jaemin found himself lost and falling deeper and deeper.

"Are you going to say anything?" She asked.

Jaemin blinked and Areum furrowed her brows as she watched him take his wallet out, handing her some money.

She grabbed it out of his hand. "What's this for?"

"For putting my arm around your shoulder earlier."

Areum scoffed and smiled, wiping her tears. "Of course."