36

The pair stood near the entrance of the arcade facing each other.
Jaemin's hands were in his pocket while Areum nervously fidgeted with her fingers.
"You wanted to talk?" She asked.

"Right," he started. "I think... I think we should stop. I mean with the sugar daddy shit."
Areum's heart raced as she pursed her lips, waiting to hear what else he had to say.

"I mean, at the end of the day we both got what we wanted. I got to continue this relationship with you while you got Renjun," he explained as Areum's brows furrowed.

"What do you mean?"

Jaemin's chest felt heavy and he swallowed the lump in his throat. "That day... The day where I had something to tell you but ended up running away from you. I saw you and Renjun together."

"Jaemin, that was a misunderstanding."

Upon hearing this Jaemin's brows furrowed as well. Areum sighed, "You left before I could explain things. Renjun and I made up- we're friends and only that. I don't have feelings for him."
Jaemin's face flushed with heat and he felt guilt. "Oh my god."

"What?"

Jaemin grabbed Areum's hand, pulling her towards him as he wrapped his arms around her. "I'm so sorry," he muttered, his head buried within her neck and hand caressing her hair. "I can't believe this was a misunderstanding this whole time. I'm sorry I was such a dick to you this whole time."

Areum returned his hug, smiling as she embraced his warmth. "I forgive you."
The two broke the hug and looked at one another. "Those were beautiful flowers by the way," Areum said.

"Oh," Jaemin realized. "Right, I was going to give you those before I... left."

Areum stiffled a laugh, "yeah I figured." She looked around the arcade with her hands behind her back, a small tint of blush rising to her cheeks. "If I had those flowers I would be giving them to you right now."

"For what?"

She looked back at Jaemin, her flushed cheeks more prominent as hr looked at her. "To confess."

"What?" Jaemin's heart began palpitating.

"I'm in love with you, Jaemin."