18

Jaemin felt a pair of eyes staring at him and turned his head to the right, his eyes landing on Areum's figure.

The pair locked eyes and he smirked as he looked at the clothes that adorned her.

Areum's cheeks instantly heated as she realized what he was doing.

"...and she wouldn't stop bothering me so then I- Jaemin? Are you even listening?" Haechan asked.

He turned to look at what had caught Jaemin's attention and his eyes landed on the two girls.

"Holy shit," he breathed. "Is that Areum?"

Jaemin didn't bother to answer and walked towards them- more specifically, Areum.

"Oh god, he's coming- Nari what do I do?" Areum frantically said.

"Just let him come, stop freaking out!"

"How can I not freak- oh hey Jaemin." Areum quickly plastered a smile on her face.

Jaemin chuckled. "Hello to you too, Angel."

She blushed at the nickname. Thank god the room was dimly lit.

Haechan walked up from behind Jaemin. "Areum, Nari! Glad to see that you guys made it."

He looked at them. "Nari, nice costume," he said nodding.

"Not too bad yourself," she playfully winked.

"Areum, you look good too."

Areum replied a small thanks to Haechan.

Nari and Haechan continued talking to each other, leaving Jaemin and Areum to themselves.

"Your outfit seems a bit too innocent for this wild crowd, don't you think?" He joked.

Areum playfully rolled her eyes. "I wonder who chose it."

Jaemin slowly leaned into Areum's ear, his lips barely brushing her ear. "It makes me want to ruin you."

Areum shivered at his words as Jaemin leaned back, an innocent smile plastered on his face.

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

An hour or two had passed since Areum and Nari arrived at the party. Since then they've been mingling around, dancing, and partying.
Not once did Areum see Renjun the entire time, and she was starting to get a little antsy. She had hope to spend time with him tonight.

Areum was only slightly intoxicated; Nari on the other hand, was a different story.

"Areum! Come dance with me~" Nari slurred.

"I danced with you probably five times now, I told you to stop drinking! You're drunk as hell."

"I'm not drunk~"

Areum rolled her eyes as she tried to keep her friend from falling over.

"Hey, you know what?"

"What." Areum deadpanned.

"A little birdy told me that Renjun was gonna ask some chick to be his girlfriend."

Areum's eyes widened, heart sinking.

"Do you know who?"

"Mmm, no not really. But I feel like it's YOU because they said that he hangs out with her a lot and you're the only girl that hangs out with him a lot so put two and two together, ya know?"

Areum's heart soared hearing that, and she instantly smiled. She wanted to find Renjun as soon as possible.

"Is she giving you a hard time?" Haechan chuckled, walking over to the two girls.

"Uhm, yeah a little. She can be a handful when she's... Like this," Areum said.

"Like what? I'm completely fine!"

Nari took a step and fell over, fortunately Areum and Haechan caught her before she faceplanted on the floor.

"Are you Choi Areum?"

Areum looked up and saw two boys standing in front of her. From the looks of it, she guessed that they were seniors.

"Yes, I am. Did you need something?"

"We need you to come with us for a second."

Areum furrowed her brows. Where were they taking her? Were they going to hurt her?

"They won't do anything, they're good friends of ours." Haechan said. "Don't worry, I'll watch over Nari while you're gone."

Areum pursed her lips and let out a small "okay", following the two seniors.

They guided her outside of the house and to the backyard where it was just as crowded. Walking down the balcony steps, they headed towards the pool.

Both boys stopped abruptly and Areum almost collided with them. They turned around and smiled at her, before leaving.

"Hey! What-"

And like magic, the sea of people parted.
Standing at the end was a smiling Renjun, lettered balloons floating behind him.

Areum read the balloons:
Will you be my girlfriend?