16

The next few days Areum avoided Jaemin on campus the best she could. Jaemin was aware of this, of course.

Neither had texted each other since that day and at lunch they would act as if nothing had happened around their friends.

Areum, however, would sometimes catch Jaemin looking at her from across the lunch table or hallways; to which she always looked away and ignored.

Today at lunch was no different.

"Alright ladies I have an announcement!" Haechan said.

All of them turned to give him their attention.

"Halloween is coming up and you all know what that means," he mischieviously looked at the group. "Party at Chenle's house!"

Everyone broke into smiles and excitement, hearing about the party that was hosted every year on Halloween.

Everyone except Areum. "I don't think I'm gonna go."

Haechan raised a brow. "And why not?"

"Because," she glanced around the eyes that were now looking at her. "I'm not used to... parties. Especially ones that basically involve the whole school. And besides, the last time I went to a party I-"

"Threw up on some guy who was trying to get in your sheets, I know baby." Haechan said nonchantly.

Renjun and Jaemin both narrowed their eyes at him, to which Haechan only noticed Renjun.

"Calm down lover boy, you know I don't mean it."

Areum furrowed her brows at Renjun, then to Haechan. "How did you know about the party?"

"I witnessed the whole thing," he winked.

Areum groaned and buried her head into her hands.

"Anyways, I better see your cute ass there. You too, Nari. Bribe Areum or something to come out."

Nari scoffed. "The only way to bribe her for something like this is with money."

Haechan instantly perked his head. "How much? 20?"

Areum's head immediately shot up. "Make it 50."

"30?"

"45."

"40."

Areum narrowed her eyes at Haechan. "Fine. Deal."

"Forty dollars it is!" Haechan exclaimed while taking his wallet out.

"I can't believe you just bribed Areum with money to make her come to the party," Renjun said in disbelief.

Haechan handed the money to Areum while looking at Renjun. "Business is business," he smiled.

Areum accepted the cash. "Thanks Haechan."

"No problem. Oh, and don't forget to wear a costume."

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

"I don't have a costume!"

"You literally had a whole week to come up with something. I reminded you about it almost everyday!" Nari said.

"I know, I know! It just, slipped my mind!" Areum groaned.

Someone knocked on the door.

"I'll go get that," Nari said, heading out of Areum's room.

Areum groaned and fell on her bed, staring at the ceiling. A few moments later she heard footsteps coming down the hallway and into her room.

"It's for you." Nari said, handing her a package.

"For me?" She grabbed the package and indeed, it had her name on it. "But I didn't order anything?"

"Open it!"

Areum carefully opened the package, and inside was a bundle of white: white feathers, white silk clothing, and a golden halo.

"Oh my god." Areum took out the halo and wings. "It's an angel costume."

"And you said you didn't order anything?" Nari asked.

She shook her head.

ding!

Areum grabbed her phone.

na_j00

Did you get my package?

Areum scoffed and showed Nari the message. "Apparently it was Jaemin who sent it."

Nari's face grew confused. "But you guys haven't been talking? How did he know you needed a costume?"

"I have no idea."

na_j00

Yes I did.

Thats good.
Wear it to the party tonight.

Areum laughed at that.

na_j00

Why should I?

Because from what I remember, we never broke off our little sugar daddy contract.
I'm giving you $400 if you wear the costume.
It's not like you have much of a choice anyways.

Areum grew mad at this. They hadn't talked in a week and all of a sudden he decides to order her around just because they haven't broken off their "contract".

But he was right, it wasn't like she was planning to wear another costume anyways. And plus, $400? She couldn't pass that up.

Areum pulled out the rest of the costume from the box.

"You're going to wear it?" Nari asked in disbelief.

"He's paying me 400 dollars."

"Valid."

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

a/n: I hope you all are enjoying the story! Don't forget to comment and vote<3 tysm for supporting this book.