14

Areum and Nari walked through the cafeteria doors and headed towards a table occupied with seven other boys.
Ever since the two girls hung out with the Dreamies that day, they've slowly gotten closer- eventually meeting up to have lunch altogether.

"You know what to do right? You have your phone ready?" Nari whispered to Areum as they got closer to the boys.

"Of course I know what to do," she whispered back. "I got this."

Both girls reached the table and sat down in their seats, whispers from students breaking out.

"Oh my god, again?"
"How many times has it been now?"
"I don't know, like, four?"
"Sluts."
"Are they dating one of them?"
"As if. Like the Dreamies would ever date someone like them."
"What attention-whores."
"They probably bribed them or some shit."

"Hey Princess," Jaemin greeted.

Areum looked at the boy in front of her annoyingly. "Stop calling me that."

"What if I don't feel like it?" He smirked.

She rolled her eyes in response and ate the lunch she brought.

A few minutes later, Nari used her elbow to nudge Areum's right arm. She looked at Nari and furrowed her brows, mouthing "What?"

Nari widened her eyes and cocked her head slightly to point at Jaemin. Areum understood and formed an 'o' shape with her mouth.

She cleared her throat. "Hey Jaemin?"

"Yeah?" He replied.

"Can I use your phone?" Areum pouted slightly. "My phone's dead and I promised to call my mom around lunch time," she said, holding up her phone and attempting to turn it on, only to show a black screen.

But her phone wasn't really dead. She just powered it off.

Jaemin furrowed his brows for a second before reaching into his pocket.

"Sure, just don't break it."

"Thanks! I'll be right back," Areum said, grabbing his phone and walked out of the cafeteria.

Once she got outside, Areum turned around quickly to check that there was no one around her- specifically Jaemin.

"Okay, okay, I have to hurry this shit up before Jaemin wonders why I'm taking so long," she mumbled while turning her own phone back on.

Areum waited a few minutes before her phone was fully powered on and she hurriedly went to her Instagram dms.
Typing on the keyboard she sent a simple "Hi" to her sugar daddy.

She held her breathe as she watched Jaemin's phone screen.

A few seconds passed.

And then his phone lit up.

(na_j00) choi_a: Hi

Areum slowly let her breathe out, stunned. She could feel her heart pounding against her chest as adrenaline coursed through her body.

Her sugar daddy is... Na Jaemin? She couldn't believe it.

"Areum?"

She turned around and saw Jaemin standing a couple of feet from her.

He narrowed his eyes at her. "What are you doing?"

Areum looked down at the two phones in her hands, her phone obviously turned on and not dead like it was supposed to be. Jaemin started stepping closer to her.

"I, uh- what are you doing here Jaemin? Scared that I was really going to break your phone?" She joked.

Jaemin's face was expressionless. "Not really. I just realized that I never unlocked my phone for you so I came to do it. But it looks like you got your dead phone to work now." He stopped in front of her.

Areum looked up at him and gulped. She never really thought about how much taller he was than her until now. Jaemin looked down at her.

Is he mad? What is he going to say? These questions were running through Areum's mind as the pair stared at each other in silence.

Jaemin finally moved, grabbing his phone out of Areum's hand. "Well seeing that your phone is working fine I'll take this back. Thanks for not breaking it." He said coldly, turning around and walking away.

Areum panicked. She didn't know what to do, should she confront him? She looked at her phone.

Jaemin was still walking when he saw his phone light up in his hand. He read the message.

(na_j00) choi_a: stop walking away from me

He froze. His heart beat quickened and he slowly turned around to look at Areum. His face full of shock as he realized that his secret, was no longer a secret.

Areum slowly walked up to him and stopped. She looked up at Jaemin, her eyes scanning over his features. She didn't know what to say, her mind swirling with different thoughts and emotions.

Jaemin looked back at her, trying to depict what she was feeling based on her face. Confusion? Anger? Sadness? Maybe all three.

"How long?" Areum whispered.

"What?"

"How long were you going to keep this up?" She said louder. "How long were you going to hide the fact that you're my sugar daddy?"

He looked at her, not saying a word. Eventually he couldn't bear the way that she was looking at him, and he turned his face to look away.

Areum scoffed. "Were you going to wait until I sent you nudes? Until I exposed every little part of my-"

"Areum, no," Jaemin hesitated. "Even though we... Even though I made you dirty talk with me, I wouldn't have gone so far as to ask nudes. I wouldn't do that- especially to you."

She scoffed again and narrowed her eyes. "Oh yeah? And who am I to you? You barely even know me."

"I want to, though."

Areum ignored what Jaemin had said and walked past him, going back inside the cafeteria.

She reached the table where the others were at.

"Areum! Where's Jaem-"

"I'm going to head to class a bit early today, sorry guys," Areum said, cutting off Mark.

She heard footsteps coming from behind her and knew they belonged to Jaemin before he even stopped right next to her. She tensed up.

Renjun looked at them, confused. "Did something happen?"

"No." They both replied at the same time.

Nari scrambled her stuff together. "Wait, Areum, I'll go with you-"

"No need," she quickly said, softly smiling. "I'll see you at the dorm later, okay? Bye guys."

Areum grabbed her backpack and waved the group goodbye as she walked away.

She heaved a huge sigh. She didn't know what to feel after finding out about Jaemin. Angry? No doubt. Happy? In all honesty, she was just a little.
She was happy that it wasn't a nasty old grandpa like she had been speculating the whole time.
But she never expected her new friend, Na Jaemin, someone the same as age as her, one of the most famous people in town, to be her sugar daddy.

Was that why he suddenly befriended her?

Areum didn't know what Jaemin's intentions were. She was nervous, numb almost, about the whole situation.

Did she even want to continue being his sugar baby? It was easy money and she needed it- more like she wanted it. What if Jaemin calls it off because she found out?

Areum shook her head. She didn't want to think about the situation anymore and headed to her next class.